Mixdown to email, mp3 format extends song.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

whinason

Mixdown to email, mp3 format extends song.

Post by whinason » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm using the current version of Auria (as of sept 23, 2013) and iOs 6.1.3. I was testing mixdown to email. I have a one (1) track, 30 second session. When I mixdown to email the song becomes 2:40 seconds long. I tried setting locate in and out points and it still happens. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jason

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Mixdown to email, mp3 format extends song.

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:48 pm

This is usually because you have a region after the end of your song somewhere. Zoom all the way out, and make sure there isn't a region hidden somewhere after the 30 second mark. Mixdown looks at all your regions on all the tracks, and finds the one that's the furthest. It uses the end of this to determine when the song should end in the mixdown.

This wouldn't explain why you got the same issue when using locators. Did you select the option to use the locators in the Mixdown screen? Maybe send a picture of the screen?

Thanks,
Rim

whinason

Post by whinason » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks, Rim,

I'm not sure why but when I tried again tonight, it worked correctly. When I was trying the first exports it was right after recording. I tried three times and got the longer file each time. I didn't close and then restart Auria at that time. I guess reopening the app tonight did something to the session?? One thing I forgot to tell you was the exported file was blank the first two minutes and then the audio I recorded started. That's what I found to be the strangest thing about this issue.

I will report back if I see this issue again.

Thanks,

Jason

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:36 pm

If it's blank for the first 2 minutes, does your song actually start at 0, or is there two minutes of space before it starts? Mixdown assumes your song starts right at 0.

Rim