Disappearing regions and more

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dinomedanhodzic
Expert

Disappearing regions and more

Post by dinomedanhodzic » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:27 am

Hi!

I'm having huge issues with a big session.
Yesterday I tried to freeze some tracks while doing additional recordings and everything went fine until I unfroze the tracks. All the regions disappeared completly and couldn't be found in the audiofiles-folder either. I did have auto-clean-up ON, but I have a hard time believing that Auria deletes all the original files when freezing tracks? That seems counterintuitive to me.

Later on when I re-recorded everything that got lost (loosing many hours) I tried to import some other tracks from dropbox as new tracks. This time I turned auto-clean-up OFF, and what happened then was that some of the regions became grey and it said "frozen" on some of them. At this point I havent had a singel track frozen since I was scared of loosing audio again. But there all of the sudden I have a number of frozen tracks with deleted regions again. And this happened when I imported another region to a new track from dropbox.
This time I could undo a couple of times and get back to where I was luckily. But there was no way to add more stuff to the session without messing up the whole thing.

Hope you can help me with this. I'm on an iPad 4, ios 7. Latest version of auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Disappearing regions and more

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:02 pm

It sounds like that particular project is corrupt for some reason. Did you re-record those regions into the same project?

Auto cleanup doesn't delete regions that are frozen. But maybe something went wrong somewhere. Are you sure you saw the words "frozen" on these grey regions, and not "missing"?

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Rim wrote: Auto cleanup doesn't delete regions that are frozen. But maybe something went wrong somewhere. Are you sure you saw the words "frozen" on these grey regions, and not "missing"?
Rim
Rim, is it required to unfreeze a track before deleting it?
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:33 am

frozen tracks can't be deleted. This may be allowed in a future update, but right now you need to unfreeze a track in order to delete it.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:04 am

Got it. Thanks.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)