Pos bug? Record cursor randomly moving around project.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jeitme

Pos bug? Record cursor randomly moving around project.

Post by Jeitme » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:07 pm

New install of Auria, iPad 4 64, restored purchases in-app.
New project 4 tracks accoustic music, light plug-in use, 6/8 time, 65bpm.
Count-in 1 bar. Time display bars/beats. No "snap to" selected. Auto-scroll enabled, no auto punch. No locked markers or locators.
Layout Intro-verse1-solo-verse2.

The project was running along nicely, until I ran into an annoying bug. The vocal track (VOX1) was stopped before the solo part. When I tried to start recording again at the end of the solo part, the recording cursor would snap randomly further towards the end of the project, seemingly at random. It would sometimes jump from the right position into the middle of verse2, sometimes even further down the timeline to after the songs end. I tried several times manually adjusting, thinking I'd done something wrong.
Turning off count-in solved the problem, allowing me to record from the current cursor position.
Anything I'm missing here, or is there some bug I'm encountering with record count-in?

To illustrate, snapshot of the project in question:

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Pos bug? Record cursor randomly moving around project.

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:30 pm

This is a "feature", not a bug actually. Count-in requires that you start on a bar division. Otherwise, it can't count-in properly. All DAWs have this limitation. Imagine what the count-in would sound like if you started the cursor at beat 2. It would count in one bar, then the count would be off afterwards. I recommend either starting the cursor exactly at a bar division, or disabling count-in. Count-in works best of you start from 0.

Rim