Problems with AirPlay

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Problems with AirPlay

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm having problems with AirPlay. All my apps are working fine with it except Auria. I noticed MultiRoute actually closes airplay off while Standard and Legacy mode work better but not really as Auria will stop playing and requires me to retouch airplay and back again to get it to work. Auria stops in different bars so not always the same place. Also it's much worse when I connect my Focusrite 2i2 and the faderport or even just the 2i2 but I don't think they are the problem as all my other apps work fine with both of these pluged in. Auria is transmitting the Audio fine through the wifi but Auria freezes all the time. Any help as I couldn't find a thread on this. Cheers. Looking forward to the iOS 7 update.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Problems with AirPlay

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Auria is not compatible with AirPlay. It's just too taxing on the system, and we've noticed dropouts when using it. An iPad 4 works a lot better, but it's not perfect.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:35 am

Rim wrote:Auria is not compatible with AirPlay. It's just too taxing on the system, and we've noticed dropouts when using it. An iPad 4 works a lot better, but it's not perfect.

Rim
I have an iPad 4 and every app I use works. Every single app, not one failed. I have had success with Auria but it's sporadic. I want to create high end Auria tutorials espesially on mastering audio in Auria and when I finally found an app to do this in super high def. Auria ends up being the only app that won't work stablely in AirPlay. Very unfortunate as Auria has the most interest and grafix potential. I recieve dozens of requests per week for info on mastering with Auria. I would love this to work. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:53 am

In my experience, the problem was simply that Auria pushes the iPad to the limit. There's little time left for the OS to do things like send out packets to Airplay. In our testing, simpler projects without a lot of plugins worked well, and an iPad 4 had less of an issue.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:11 am

Rim wrote:In my experience, the problem was simply that Auria pushes the iPad to the limit. There's little time left for the OS to do things like send out packets to Airplay. In our testing, simpler projects without a lot of plugins worked well, and an iPad 4 had less of an issue.

Rim
Darn Auria power. I thought this could be the case. Maybe the iPad 5 and iOS 7 will fix this. I will be picking on up upon it's release day. With an A7x 64 bit desktop archetecture CPU at 2X the spead and grafix power of the iPad 4. Auria should get a swift kick in the pants in the power dept. very excited for whays coming very soon. Cheers Rim. ~~_/)~~~

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Problems with AirPlay/Solved

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 pm

I finally figured out how to do this using AirPlay with Auria and it's working great. I can finally do my Auria Mastering Series and really show Auria off in HD. They will all be Live so that viewer can wittness how I use Auria everyday and how Auria rarely lets me down on an iPad 4. Cheers.

whinason

Post by whinason » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:37 am

Anthony,

How did you solve the problem? :?

Thanks,

Jason

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:00 pm

No need for a workaround anymore as AirPlay in iOS 7 works fine with Auria. Auria no longer freezes no matter what audio control device I plug in. Worked while i had my FaderPort plugged in at tge same time. Audio is transferred via wifi. All is good in the AirPlay world. Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Good to know!

Rim

Michael Jung

Post by Michael Jung » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:45 am

Hello,

I tried but did not get AirPlay working with Auria yet. (iPad Air w 128 GB)

Any help ?

thanks in advance

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm digging up an old thread while you're in the hospital Anthony, so my apologies, but how did you get airplay working with auria? I'm on an iPad Air, so it should work processing wise, brand new project so no plugins running yet. I can get airplay to work into reflector with other apps, including this board right now, caustic, and other apps I opened, but as soon as I launch auria airplay quits. Thanks, any help would be appreciated when you feel up to it.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi. As you know most of my Auria videos are done using airplay to Reflector on my iMac. I have Auria set to Standard mode. If I recall this setting was what solved the same issue your having. But I can tell you that my set-up is still working. I can give you all my settings if you need them. Good luck.

Peanutcram
Expert

Post by Peanutcram » Sat May 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi Anthony, please share your settings. I don't manage to play over air. Thank you

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue May 27, 2014 4:28 am

Ok I did some research for you and possibly why you are not getting airplay with Auria. Yes Auria is the only one app that I have that kicks airplay out and I think it has to do with speed. Rim explained this to me on this thread. Auria will not respond to airplay in LEGACY OR MULTIROUTE mode. It must be set to Standard. If your using the latest version of Reflector than Auria will not respond and finally the best results that I have been able to achieve is to use my LTE cellular data which is very fast. Each video that I produce uses 500-700 mgs of data so that is why I have limited the amount of videos I can produce. It took me almost a year to get this to work with Auria but once it did it stayed working provided that I didn't upgrade anything. Now with the latest update of iOS 7, there seems to be some new glitghes. The only settings in Auria that affect wether you can or can't use airplay with Auria is the Mode setting and it must be set ti STANDARD. There are litterally no other settings that affect this function. You may be using a newer version of Reflector and this won't work with Auria either. In addition if your using Mavericks than that could be the problem too. I have contacted Reflector's developers but recieved an " it's not Reflectors fault " answer. Boy I could really use a home nurse...where's my gingerale? Cheers and good luck
~~_/)~~

Sixtoro

Post by Sixtoro » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:19 am

Hello everyone !, I'm new Auria but I was interested in the application and view it on the big screen, he was unable to do until today news for those who can not use the AIRPLAY with Auria on your TV, do not know if you already mentioned above but I found that I use AIRPLAY with AURIA if I run it from AudioBus. Enjoy it. Slds… Six