Large file size

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sebastianbarria
Expert

Re: Large file size

Post by sebastianbarria » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:45 pm

No problem.
I'm sending it using wetransfer.com. You'll get an email when the file is uploaded.

PS: try the "click" problem I mentioned befor... if you split a region EXACTLY in the begining of a sound (for example a note between piano or snare) or if you put toghether two regions and the last one starts with a sound, it generally generates a click... I had to put fadeIn or cross fade and then join the two regions to avoid the click. Maybe that's because of using too much memory... I don't know.

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks, and I'll investigate the issue with clicks as well. It's common to have a click when you split something while there's audio. This happens because your speaker (or headphone) must abruptly change from one position to another without any time to do it This happens with all DAWs. If you have Auto fade enabled in the settings, this can be minimized.

Rim

sebastianbarria
Expert

Post by sebastianbarria » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks Rim.
I'll be waiting for your answer.

sebastianbarria
Expert

Post by sebastianbarria » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi Rim.
Any news about this issue?... Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:12 pm

I didn't find any clicks while splitting the audio in that project. Can you tell me exactly where to split to get this to happen?

Thanks,
Rim

sebastianbarria
Expert

Post by sebastianbarria » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Yes, because I fixed each time I encountered one. But that's not the big problem. I need to fix the large file size because it never delete old and unused files.
Thanks

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:24 am

Thought I'd chime in and mention I've had this same situation, Auria not cleaning up a project with auto-clean up turned on and all the snap shots deleted.

Auria definitely needs a robust and simple to use clean up project function.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:30 am

Yep, I agree. It's something on my list for sure.

Rim

sebastianbarria
Expert

Post by sebastianbarria » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:11 am

Rim. I'm sending you via wetransfer.com a file named "Nave Temporal 2" where I isolated the click problem I mentioned before when joining waves.

I have to mention that I made a copy of my old (6GB) project file and then deleted all the un-needed tracks... when I finished I had only 2 tracks and 13 .wav files being used, but Auria didn't clean up the project, so (again) I had to clean it up manually. That's really annoying, so please check that problem... I've been waiting for an answer to that bug... if there's nothing to do right now (supposing it's really a bug) and it will be fixed on the next release, there's no problem, but please give an answer about that problem, because I want to record a new song and I really don't know if use Auria or some other solution because my iPad has not too much free space.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the file. I'll look at it for 1.13 for sure. If I can see the issue, I should be able to fix it quickly. I hope to get it into 1.13.

Rim