Disarming bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

deltaslim

Disarming bug

Post by deltaslim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Sometimes I am not able to disarm a track. Instead, one single tap would pull up the "record options" pop-up ("Record Effects, Set Record Level, Input Matrix"). I can try dozens of times and it would persist. It would only disappear after I try exiting the project and reloading or closing the Auria and other apps.

I'm on iPad 3 and have no apps in the background when I use Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Disarming bug

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Is this happening in the mixer page or the editor page (they have separate touch handling code, that's why I ask)?

Rim

deltaslim

Post by deltaslim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:26 am

Rim wrote:Is this happening in the mixer page or the editor page (they have separate touch handling code, that's why I ask)?

Rim
Rim - It happens in the the mixer page; I don't remember having tried to disarm from the editor page.
Thanks for responding.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:04 am

Interesting. I'm trying it here, and I can't get this to happen. Every time I press the record enable button, it either arms or disarms. Can you see if there's a trick to getting it to happen?

Thanks,
Rim

deltaslim

Post by deltaslim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 am

Rim - I don't know the "trick" but I wish I did. ;-) Will investigate and observe further and let you know with updates here. Thanks

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:25 pm

this happened to me once I'd enabled the new 'auto input monitor' setting.

I tried it once thinking it was a good idea. Found I could no longer disarm a track and quickly turned it off again.

That function needs a little more beta testing (unless of course I'm not using it correctly which entirely possible).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:35 pm

OK, thanks. That helps to narrow it down. But I'm still not seeing the issue here. Here's what I do:

1. Create a new project
2. Go into settings and enable Auto Input Monitoring
3. Press the record enable button on track 1.
4. Press it again to disable it.

It works fine here. Please let me know exactly what steps you're taking to make this happen.

Thanks,
Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:04 pm

just tried it and same here. Can't work out how to reproduce it.

(btw the poster may be referring to a different circumstance).

*core audio is always in standard mode.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:08 pm

p.s. is it possible to have a 3rd mode where an armed track is live and you can still hear any regions on that track? It was what I was expecting when I turned on that function. At the moment when in playback all armed tracks are turned off and so muting the live signal.

deltaslim

Post by deltaslim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Rim wrote:OK, thanks. That helps to narrow it down. But I'm still not seeing the issue here. Here's what I do:

1. Create a new project
2. Go into settings and enable Auto Input Monitoring
3. Press the record enable button on track 1.
4. Press it again to disable it.

It works fine here. Please let me know exactly what steps you're taking to make this happen.

Thanks,
Rim
Rim -

Wow... when I created a new project, all the channels didn't even have an arm/disarm button at all!
I tried doing it again... twice. Same thing happens. I tried loading other projects and 'The Approach' and they do have the arm/disarm button. I tried to reload the new projects I just created, they do not have the button. I closed the app and reopened. Same thing.

Aaargh! This is frustrating...

PS: I can email or post the pics of the screenshot if you want.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:54 am

@deltaslim: I don't have a solution for you, I'm afraid, but I also use an iPad3 and don't have your problem.

It may help to diagnose the cause of your symptom if you can give more info about your iPad setup, i.e. iOS version, Auria version (also is it LE, LE-upgraded or full?), amount of free disk space, standard/jailbroken status, etc..

Have you tried re-booting your iPad? Have you tried deleting Auria and reinstalling from the App Store (make sure to backup your own projects firsts though!)?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 am

Are you saying the actual graphics have disappeared?? That's very unusual. It sounds like something in your iPad itself (iOS) has gotten corrupted. I recommend force-closing Auria and all your other background apps, then rebooting the iPad. You need to do both, because rebooting doesn't close background apps:

1. Close Auria by taping on the home button
2. Double-tap the home button, and close everything you see in there (including things like Settings, Safari, App Store, etc).
3. Tap and hold on the power button until you see the Off switch, then slide to turn it off.
4. Once it's completely off, hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it on again.

deltaslim

Post by deltaslim » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:59 am

Thanks, guys. Ive tried rebooting already but will try the other stuff this weekend.