Distortion and odd delay during recording

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

chrizb

Distortion and odd delay during recording

Post by chrizb » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:36 am

Hi,

I am using the latest version of auria, and am getting distortion and latency during recording. I have an iPad two with everything shut down bar auria. I am only recording two tracks at a time. I run a machine mixer to pre-mix and am taking a direct feed from there to two speakers. That gives me a clear tone from the instrument I am recording. I then take a feed off the alesis io dock to a second set of speakers to give me my playback from any recorded tracks. I do hear the delayed and distorted track there already (that did not used to be the case in the past but one of the last updates seems to have changed that). I am a newbie so this may well be end-user issues. However this set-up used to work. Here some delete tend settings:
Audiobus: off
Audibus life monitor: off
Core audio mode: standard
Device linking: off
Record monitor: off
I tried it with these setting changed but it made no difference.

Any suggestions?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Distortion and odd delay during recording

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 am

Try disabling USB Soft Start mode, and setting the record latency to 4096. Let me know if these two settings make the distortion disappear. Make sure you reboot both the iPad and the interface after doing this.

Rim

chrizb

Re: Distortion and odd delay during recording

Post by chrizb » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I will let you know once I have tested it (won't be before next weekend). Thanks again.