AudioBus bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gdog
Expert

AudioBus bug

Post by gdog » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi,

Inside AudioBus I have Auria-Input, Turnado-Effect, BeatMaker2-Output. I'm sending midi clock sync from Auria to those apps. Auria plays the 1 audio track I pasted into it, but it doesn't get to Turnado or BM2, ie it plays in the background. BM2 has input monitor to confirm this. If I unload Auria from AudioBus & reload with the little blue & white arrow to select the Master out, then audio does get to Turnado & BM2, BUT with (unwanted) parallel dry signal too. Am I missing something? Is there a correct way to set this up, or is Auria just not working with AudioBus atm?

Many thanks & all the best <3

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AudioBus bug

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:20 am

Have you tried to route your output to Sub 1 in Auria, then set the Audiobus input (blue arrow) to Sub1? Make sure you turn down the master fader in Auria after doing this. This will allow you to send audio without the parallel output from the master.

Rim

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:22 am

Hi Rim,

Just tested your suggestion - route to SG1, turn master down, but now I get audio glitching (all effects off in Turnado, so it's not that). Also, midi isn't syncing properly, BM2-slave & Auria-master, when playing a 1bar loop @100bpm in Auria (8b loop in BM2). Tested on iPad4, latest iOS, no jailbreak.

Many thanks, & all the best <3

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:18 am

Do you have any USB devices connected when you get the glitching? Do you only get the glitching when using SG1?

The midi sync issue is something I'm investigating. Can you try making Auria the slave? This seems to work better for many users.

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Rim,

No USB devices, & yes only with SG1

Re Auria-slave - I can't get this to work in AudioBus at all - I tried various Auria Midi receive settings to no avail - Ie, when I press play in BM2, or using AB's transport, Auria doesn't play..(I set BM2 to send clock to Auria, so that's not it)

Many thanks & all the best <3

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 am

Auria only chases MTC, not Midi clock. So when using Auria as a slave, you need to use an app that is capable of sending MTC (MIDI time code). I don't think beatmaker sends MTC.

I'll try to duplicate the subgroup issue you're having to see what the problem might be.

Rim