CC Control Not Automating

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

CC Control Not Automating

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 am

I use the Axiom 49 2nd gen to control Auria's Fabfilter plugins via cc command. However just like the FaderPort pan issue, none of the movements done via cc are getting recorded in Auria so no automation. It seems from my tests that I must somehow control these automations with my finger as Auria is waiting for a touch command of the iPads screen in order to initiate the write automation command rather than just being activated by the items first movement after write has been chosen. So this is the same problem with the pan control but that is in HUI command but the same thing is happening with the CC command for the plugins. It is after all the smooth control of a physical controller knob when doing precision automation in Fabfilters plugins as complete acuracy is not easy with my finger touch automation. Also just found this problem. In Fabfilters ProQ, it is only possible to control 1 instance. If I create more points on the eq graph to control and even if I select them an they are highlighted. The CC control still only controls the single first instance created. Hoping this isn't normal.

Additional tests here have shown that in ProQ if I hold my one finger on the dial I want to automate and hold it steady and then move the corresponding programmed CC control knob on my Axiom the movement is recorded even though my finger on the ProQ never moved and it recorded the CC changes. I attempted this same technique using the pan and the FaderPort and the pan did move slightly and then radically but it too seemed respond similar to the CC control in ProQ but not as acurate. This tells me from my tests that Auria is waiting for a touch with these particular commands. I was hoping these controls would work
Cheers

Rim
Site Admin

Re: CC Control Not Automating

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:22 am

Anthony,

Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like a simple bug to fix related to the HUI code.

Rim