super loud white noise burst

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

super loud white noise burst

Post by mtingle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:17 am

I tried something I'd never done before with auria, I used the time stretch feature and this may have something to do with a rather large ear shattering white noise explosion that happened in the earphones.

Here's what I did:

- I had a project with a number of tracks (44.1 - 16bit)
- on one region (about a bar long) I stretched it by about x4 using the times stretch feature using the 'standard' and 'best' options.
- pressed play, all good.
- I then added a convolution reverb in AUX 1, default setting.
- turned up the aux 1 send.
- pressed play and perhaps it was instantly or may of been a few seconds a huge white noise explosion happened.

There was a loop active at the time and quite a few instances of pro-q and pro-c (and 1 saturn) plugins scattered over the 15 tracks.

Once I selected the regions that had been stretched and pressed the 'join' button the project was playable again.

For obvious reason I'm not will to try this again but I thought I'd mention it as it's put me off using the time stretch feature for the (very real) fear of damaging my hearing.

I've never had any white noise before when using the reverbs as AUX's hence my assumption that is has something to do with the combination of using time stretch for the 1st time in conjunction with the AUX reverb.

ipad 4. latest iOS and Auria 1.10. aux delay compensation is on. app background mode is on.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: super loud white noise burst

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks for letting me know. I'm guessing it has more to do with having aux delay compensation enabled, which is very demanding on the resources. I'll add it to my list to investigate.

Thanks,
Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:01 am

Incidentally, I did a complete shut down and reloaded the project and it still did the same white noise thing.

It only stopped once I used the 'join' function that rendered those time stretched regions.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:12 am

Please send me this project. Any issue that's duplicatable is like gold to me, and should result in a quick fix.

Thanks,
Rim