Pan Controls don't Pan Right

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Prestodownunder

Pan Controls don't Pan Right

Post by Prestodownunder » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:29 am

Hi
I am new to Auria but have used other recording software. Recording from a Presonus 1818vsl - seems to work as expected.
I am running latest version of auria with update on my ipad 3 and have found the rotary pan controls will pan to the Left OK or back to centre but not to the right. Doesn't seem to be matter whether track is mono or stereo. What am I missing here?
Thanks
Keith

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Pan Controls don't Pan Right

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:08 am

I don't see this issue here. Have you tried a different pair of headphones? Does this happen with all your projects? Try a new project and just import a single mono wav file. Or try the Approach demo song. This works fine here.

Rim

Prestodownunder

Post by Prestodownunder » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:36 am

Hi Rim thanks for the reply.
I mean that I have recorded a track and want to pan it hard right in the mix. When I turn the blue pan knob to the right( in console view) , it springs straight back to the central position, and sound is in both channels. If I pan left , the knob stays where I put it and the sound is only heard in the left headphone. This is still the case even using the sample "The Approach eg keys" tracks. What am I doing wrong or do I have a software glitch?
Cheers
Keith

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:44 am

If any of the controls "spring back" after adjusting them, this is probably caused by having automation turned on. Make sure all the tracks you want to adjust don't have their R or W buttons lit.

Rim

Prestodownunder

Post by Prestodownunder » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Sorry to be a nuisance , but automation buttons are not lit or in use. This happens with a new project or with The Approach sample track. I can't pan any instrument (track) to the right, past 12:00 using the blue knob . I have also noticed the Aux 1 and Aux 2 knobs will not turn past 12:00 position and are hard to turn. I can probably take a screen shot somehow if that is useful.
Is it possible to unload and reload the software?
Keith

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Which mode do you have your knobs set to (in Auria's settings). If it's in Linear mode (the default mode), you need to adjust the knobs by moving your finger up and down only (no horizontal movement). If it's in circular mode, you adjust the knobs by taping on it first, then moving around the knob in a circular fashion.

Rim