1.10 crashing on ipad2

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pitzipado
Expert

1.10 crashing on ipad2

Post by pitzipado » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Auria seemed to load fine upon update splash came up with the notice of what was new
a few seconds later crashed. So I deleted it hard reset pad etc tried twice more a crash report
offer comes up just for a second before the crash. I'm still on iOS 5.1.1 but I've never had any
problems before and I'd hate to give up my native google apps. I suppose I'll wait awhile and
try again. I have very good dsl Internet connection. It's only been a few hours and I already
miss Auria mightily. Anyone else have any problems? Advice? Consolation?
Thanks for reading
jp

ChrisG
Expert

Re: 1.10 crashing on ipad2

Post by ChrisG » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Lose the jailbreak if your iPad is jail broken. Google have their YouTube and Google Maps on the AppStore (Google maps not updated with iPad support yet but it's coming as far as I know), and there are lots of alternatives available now.

Other then that, close all apps by dubble clicking the home button and force close everything in the taskbar. Restart your iPad. Try opening Auria again. If it won't open, backup your things in Auria with something like iFunbox for PC (iDevice file browser) and reinstall Auria again. Auria not starting could be related to Auria trying to load a corrupted project perhaps. But best wait and see what Rim/Wavemachine Labs says first.

Edit:btw No problem here starting Auria on iPad 2 latest iOS.
Last edited by ChrisG on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:07 pm

We haven't seen any other reports about this. I suggest backing up your projects using iFunBox or something similar, then completely removing Auria from you iPad, and reinstalling. The most reliable way to reinstall is to do it from the App Store.

Rim

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks I fixed it by biting the bullet and upgrading to latest os. Of course now they tell me
my password won't work to restore purchases so I guess I'll jump through a few more apple
hoops. I may be more ready for a newer faster pad with maximum storage than I thought
a few hours ago.

janogarcia

Post by janogarcia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:57 am

Same here, unable to start Auria after updating. I've tried several times deleting the app, restarting the iPad, then installing, then restarting again... with no luck. Auria crashes as soon as the initialization progress bar shows up.

iPad 2 16GB, iOS 5.1.1

I don't want to upgrade to iOS 6 yet. I've jailbroken my iPad just for one app I fully depend on: iFile. This app allows me to overcome my iPad 16GB storage limitation, symlinking my external 32GB SD card via the CCK to any audio app (sample library, recordings...).

I've 212 apps installed on my iPad. Most of them are audio-related apps. None of them crashes on my jailbroken iPad. So I wouldn't think it's a jailbreak related thing.

Any help/update would be much appreciated.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:07 am

Problem is:you can't expect developer support for running an unauthorized OS on your device.There are so many variables with all the JB stuff,impossible for a small developer to find all potential bugs.Things like Auria (well,ESPECIALLY Auria)are high performance tasks,getting in trouble quite often with JB's running in the backround.

Sorry to say that but:Auria or iFile :wink:

Btw,212 apps?That's distinctly more than i have on my 64GB device.Maybe you could try to save space there.And use dropbox as an"external"HD for example.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

janogarcia

Post by janogarcia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:21 am

Thank you for your input CEIsar!

I don't pretend Wavemachine Labs to support jailbroken devices. I just ask them to test Auria on a clean iOS 5.1.1 device, preferably iPad 2 or iPad 1 to determine if it is related to the jailbreak or not.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:37 am

It looks like we have an issue with iOS 5.x in the latest Auria version. We'll be fixing this for Auria 1.11, but in the mean time we recommend upgrading to iOS6 if you can. Sorry for the trouble!

Rim

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 am

NOOOOOO,I'm not going to upgrade to ios 6 yet,all my other apps work fine ghe way they are and I'm not going to take that chance as I've read that ios6 and some music programs just don't work the same,I guess I'll wait for your new update,
Back to nano studio which is working fine and I'm nt touching it,wow,I guess all that midi stuff in the update is causing all this,please fix ASAP,pleas,please,I really love auria but I am not upgrading to ios 6 untl I know it's stable,,,,,wow....

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Br8zinn wrote:NOOOOOO,I'm not going to upgrade to ios 6 yet,all my other apps work fine ghe way they are and I'm not going to take that chance as I've read that ios6 and some music programs just don't work the same,I guess I'll wait for your new update,
Back to nano studio which is working fine and I'm nt touching it,wow,I guess all that midi stuff in the update is causing all this,please fix ASAP,pleas,please,I really love auria but I am not upgrading to ios 6 untl I know it's stable,,,,,wow....
Wait until it's stable? iOS 7 is right around the corner, iOS 6 can't get more stable. iOS 7 on the other hand will probably see issues with the redesigned interface etc. So the best thing for you to do is to update your iOS to 6 before Apple pulls it. It only brings enhanced "under the hood" features for audio/midi on iOS, not the other way around. If you keep waiting you might be forced to upgrade to iOS 7, when you could have had a stable iOS 6 instead right? Also, there aren't any audio apps of note that have issues with iOS 6 that I'm aware of, and I got most of em. So loose the jailbreak mmkay

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Ios6 is very stable in my opinion.

Rim

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 pm

iOS 6 is not that stable,not on an iPad 2,I have compared with somebody at the apple store,and my nano studio and alchemy run better with ios 5.3,and the same for my art drawing apps,and then the kicker WIFI,till this date apple hasn't fixed this bug,your WIFI one iPad 2 with iOS 6 just dont work the same as 5. Ect,and my Ipad one won't upgrade to 6 ,not that I use auria on it but I use other stuff,my newer iPad everything is fine,but I wanted to use my iPad 2 for auria as I'm using the newer one for other stuff,anyways,I'm waiting patiently for the new update,and again thanks for everything ...

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 pm

And if anybody wants a print out for proof on how a lot of music apps are recently getting updated saying finally fixed bug in ios 6 version for IPad 2 I can provide you with this,just saying....but like I always learned if ain't broke don't fix it,and honestly usually I go to the applications booth and check the app reviews and usually within a day or so after the new update,people will post a review saying,if it crashes on what device,ect,this recently happened with animoog,
But I checked on the auria,and nobody was saying nothing about how the update wouldn't work on an iPad one or iPad 2 with iOS 5 ect.sooo of course I updated and..crasH...oh well....

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:11 am

This iOS 5 crash in Auria is not the operating system's fault - it's ours. I've fixed this and will be sending a new version for review soon.

RIm

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Ok with your last update everything was great,now I'm doomed again after buying the re-tune plug in from you guys,it won't even start,just crashes upon starting,wow,help!!please....I'm running an iPad 2 with 64 gigs,