Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 wiped full project.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

alandalton

Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 wiped full project.

Post by alandalton » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I just plugged a focusrite Scarlett 18i6 into auria for the first time and it totally wiped everything I had recorded over the past 3 days but left 2 tracks I had uploaded from Dropbox.
Is there a way of getting these tracks back?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 wiped full project.

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Yes, there are automatic snapshots generated every 10 minutes. Also, if you created your own snapshot at a particular important time in the project, you can load it.

This might have happened because of a coreAudio bug related to headphones. In iOS6, if you use a USB interface, and want to use headphones, you must already have the headphones plugged in to the iPad before you plug in the interface, otherwise it'll crash.

Rim

alandalton

Post by alandalton » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:10 am

I had saved the project but was still working on it.
How do I recall the snapshots?
Thanks.
Alan

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:33 am

When you load the project, go to the menu and choose Snapshots. Every projects has it's own snapshots. You can save your own (they are easy to do and take up almost no space), and Auria automatically saves a snapshot every 10 minutes.

Starting in Auria 1.10, If a project is corrupted and won't load, you'll get a message asking if you want to load one of the snapshots instead.

Rim