crashing on ipad mini

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Strubbel

Re: crashing on ipad mini

Post by Strubbel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Same Problem on my Ipad 3 64 Gb and Auria 1.1

Whenever I connect the Apogee Jam ( before or after starting the app) Auria crashes after a few seconds. The light on the AJam starts flashing green 1 times, turns blue and them the App crashes.
I tried deleting and reinstalling Auria but it doesnt change.
Mmpf :(

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Do you get a screen asking you to fill out a crash report the next time you start Auria? If so, please put your name in the crash report and let me know you've done it so I can check the logs.

Thanks,
Rim

tzigularov

Post by tzigularov » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Unfortunately the issue persists:( I updated to the latest, closed all programs, restarted and the same thing occurs. One thing I noticed is that when at one point I unplugged the apogee jam while Auria was kind of frozen I got an error about Audiobus even though I do not have the app installed. I could not recreate the error immediately and am currently out of town, but I can try again when I come back in couple weeks.

tzigularov

Post by tzigularov » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:50 am

Hi Rim,

It still does not work for me at 48K. Even with the newest update 1.120:( I did exactly as you listed in the steps below and Auria crashes as soon as the USB indicator comes on after I plug the Jam (step #7). I tried all three coreaudio settings as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zahari

1. Unplug your headphones from the iPad.
2. Close Auria.
3. Close all other apps by double tapping on the home button, and closing everything you see (including Auria).
4. Open Auria.
5. Wait for it to finish loading the project.
6. Plug in the Jam.
7. Wait until you see the USB indicator above. Don't do anything else until you see this.
8. Plug your headphones into the iPad.
9. Do not unplug the headphones once they're plugged in. Doing so may cause a CoreAudio crash.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 am

This is a common problem, and is related to a bug in the iOS (Core Audio). We introduced some control over this in 1.11. If you go to the settings page, you will see the new Core Audio modes. Try setting this to Legacy, then close Auria and restart it (after killing it by double-tapping on the home button, etc). This should work much better.

Rim