Drumagog - so good apart from this one (big) bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Drumagog - so good apart from this one (big) bug

Post by mtingle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:19 pm

This must be happening for most drumagog users, its happens to me without fail and always make a session using drumagog somewhat fraught.

I've an ipad 4 with cleared ram.

I load a project of a sizeable nature and then load drumagog on a track to replace a drum part. CPU is somewhere between 50%-80% which is usual for drumagog on an ipad 4 as its a very cpu intensive plugin.

I put the song in loop mode and then load a snare into drumagog, all ok. Now I start to scroll through the snare list in drumagog while the song is playing to audition different snare sounds. after flicking through about 5-10 different sounds (could be kicks, snares or whatever) Auria crashes in a major way. The app freezes, the sound continues and no action can make the audio stop. even closing the app pressing and holding the power button and then clearing the ram pressing the home button does not stop the audio. eventually after about 1 minute the audio stop all by itself even though the app has long since closed.

I fire up Auria again start to go through the same process of auditioning different drums while the song is playing back and again, after 5-10 different sounds - crash. same as before.

It shouldn't be too hard to replicate, just use drumagog to scroll through a few sounds while the song plays back and it should happen.

Hope you can track down this bug its a real show stopper. Feels like a memory management ram type issue, like the previous samples are not cleared out of ram when auditioning new sounds and the it gets maxed out. but then again I don't know anything really. I do know it stops me enjoying using drumagog though!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Drumagog - so good apart from this one (big) bug

Post by Rim » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I've seen this as well, and will be addressing it in a future update.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:50 pm

I find when using Auria it s best to Not have your track running while chosing plugin pre-sets or samples as this instantly robs the iPad of memory. I have had very few crashes by using Auria and other apps in this manner. One day we won't have to worry about memory on our devices as much. Cheers.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:I find when using Auria it s best to Not have your track running while chosing plugin pre-sets or samples as this instantly robs the iPad of memory. I have had very few crashes by using Auria and other apps in this manner. One day we won't have to worry about memory on our devices as much. Cheers.
this bug simply happens when flicking through and auditioning the various drum sounds. no extra ram used, no background apps running and very low CPU (after more testing I found these things to be true).

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:43 am

It were quite bad the other night happening every 3-5 sample change ,I had a short loop set so don't no if that's anything to do with it ,

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 am

I've just fixed this issue. It was hard to track down because it only happens when playing a loop while auditioning gog samples. It'll be included in 1.10.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Good find Rim. This is going to be a lot sweeter to use now, thanks.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:08 pm

8)