Consistent warnings in 1.091

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

drock
Expert

Consistent warnings in 1.091

Post by drock » Sat May 25, 2013 11:02 am

So I've just updated to 1.091 and I keep running into 2 warning messages. Low CPU and low memory warnings. I have no effects turned on at all, nothing special going on, automation, etc...nothing. Just tracks playing. Now, these projects are large in size and all at 96K, about 25-30 tracks, roughly about 4-5 minutes long. I'll just keep getting these errors when I'm either recording, playing back or just simply moving the line.
Here's the thing, a low CPU message would come up infrequently with version 1.06 but DEFINITELY not as much as 1.091. I have to kill Auria, restart the iPad, reset my hardware to continue...I don't mind every now and then but this is happening a LOT now.
When I first restart I have about 480mb's of memory...but somehow that will drain quickly down to 20-30 and then all this happens. Agin, no subgroups, automation, fx, etc....it's a pretty boring console view.
In fact, after one episode where the low memory warning came up, pop up after pop (about 8 times in a row), I restarted Auria and it reinstalled itself... Which was frightening.
I'm backing up the 12 projects even more frequently now since this build seems so sketchy for me.

I'm running a 64GB iPad 4 on 6.1.3 in airplane mode with no other apps ever in the background.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Consistent warnings in 1.091

Post by Rim » Sat May 25, 2013 11:09 am

An iPad 4 should rarely see a memory warning. I've probably seen this only once when using my iPad 4, even when testing very large projects all day long. If you're getting memory warnings, there's something wrong. Does this only happen on certain projects? Or after using a particular plugin, or performing a certain action? If you can get this to happen consistently, please send me an example project, so I can load it here, and look at what's going on.

Thanks,
Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Sat May 25, 2013 11:43 am

It seems to occur on all the projects...no plugins...no specific actions. One time I was recording (I have 'disable effects when recoding' turned on) and actually DURING the recording I heard pops in the earbuds and it gave me a CPU overload message, like the audio engine just restarted. It was the sound that u hear when connected to a presonus 1818 and start up Auria fresh while wearing earbuds...it's a series of clicks and pops.
No other version of Auria has ever done this to me.
Next time this happens, I'll try to send you the project...but they're huge and way too big for an email or for Dropbox, can't we only send a max file up to 300mb's with DB?
You have an alternative way to send huge project files?
Thanks so much, Rim!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 25, 2013 12:04 pm

This is very unusual. You might have a defective iPad, or maybe there's something you're doing in all your projects that's unique. No one else has reported anything like this. I assume you have no other apps running (including apps like Audiobus)? Also, no USB devices connected, or anything else connected to your iPad when this happens? Are you running iOS6? Is your iPad Jailbroken?

I don't think db has a limit when sending using their desktop app.

Rim