latency anomaly

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Morgan
Expert

latency anomaly

Post by Morgan » Tue May 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi Rim, I wonder if you could check out what might be a small bug regard latency. I have run a loop test on my interface device to check for any inherent latency. But while working out what correction to apply to the Record Latency Adjustment I noticed the following. I looped back track 1 and recorded it onto track 2. I zoomed up to 99% to see the leading edge of both the recorded tracks to accurately identify any latency. Track 2 was slightly lower in amplitude to that of track 1 so I used the Normalise function under the process tab to Normalise track 2. In doing this I noticed that every time I applied Normalise to any track it would shift the waveform forward in the track by around 36 samples. I did this multiple times to each track and every time the waveform moved forward 36 Samples. I experimented further and set the clipping mode to ignore. This enabled me to normalise the track without the wave form moving forward. Is it normal for the Normalise function to do this when the clipping mode is set to limit. This could be confusing for anyone doing a loop test followed by a Normalise function to find that the function has created its own latency problem. I also experimented with the GAIN function under the same Process menu and this works fine without moving the waveform. Hope this make sense.

Trevor

Rim
Site Admin

Re: latency anomaly

Post by Rim » Tue May 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks, this is indeed a bug, and I'll get this fixed for 1.10.

Rim

Morgan
Expert

Re: latency anomaly

Post by Morgan » Wed May 22, 2013 1:24 am

Thanks Rim, your continued excellent response to users questions and dedication to this product is refreshing and why you are so respected. Take care.

Trevor