Cursor positions don't line up

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Cursor positions don't line up

Post by Rim » Thu May 16, 2013 5:44 am

Thanks. I've discovered that this is simply a display issue, and it doesn't affect accuracy. The display isn't rounding properly. It's been fixed in 1.10.

Thanks again,
Rim

Arhythminhim
Expert

Post by Arhythminhim » Thu May 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Ok cool thanks....but just so I'm understanding you proper, are you saying that when I'm using snap to beats, the .119 location I get is actually proper the .100 location?

Also maybe related, but when I select multiple regions and then try to move them as a whole, it initially seems to snap "freely" until I try it again, when it then snaps to the proper beat.

I'm just still somewhat confused on why some regions don't seem to always line up with beats after many copy pastes duplicate audiopastes, when using snap to beats. Just by zooming in like previously, it seems to be a mixture of non perfectly cut samples(a tiny error), and non consistent snap to locations? I'm sure there's also my idiot factor, as in I don't know what I'm doing maybe. But I was hoping making sampled drum tracks to back my tunes was as easy as working within the same BPM, and using snap to beats before pasting to make sure things line up?

Regardless, the help and ideas are always much appreciated.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu May 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Yes, it looks like that was the only problem here.

Audio copy/paste doesn't timestretch loops automatically like the import audio dialog does. Maybe that's the issue you're having? When you set the snap to bars and place a region at a certain place, it should align perfects (barring the display discrepancy you noticed). But if you import a region that's not exactly at the BPM you need for your song, the length won't be perfect, so if you duplicate it later, it won't line up. You need to manually timestretch it in order for the length to snap perfectly.

Rim