Stem Exports - lots of blank files

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Stem Exports - lots of blank files

Post by dominicperry » Mon May 06, 2013 8:02 am

I've only just tried using this feature - export stems. I end up with 10 wav files, but only 3 have anything in them, the other 7 are blank.
I have three questions/comments

1) The 7 blank stems are from tracks which had nothing on them, so why is the export done at all on these tracks.
2) The tracks appear alphabetically in the list - it would be helpful if they always had the original track number on them so they could be imported into another DAW in the same order as they were in Auria
3) It would be helpful, especially for long stem imports, to be able to audition them with some kind of time slider and/or see some kind of waveform, bearing in mind they may well be mostly empty if they are, for example, just a guitar solo.

Thanks for implementing the Export Stems feature - very useful stuff. The above points are just 'nice to haves' - the ability to do this export is great.

Dominic

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Stem Exports - lots of blank files

Post by Rim » Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 am

Thanks for the feedback on this:

- You're right, there shouldn't be files created if the track is empty - I'll fix this for the next update.
- Also, I'll add a track number to the start of the track name - good idea.

Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Re: Stem Exports - lots of blank files

Post by dominicperry » Mon May 06, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks Rim

Dominic