sad face - project empty after using condense regions

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

sad face - project empty after using condense regions

Post by mtingle » Fri May 03, 2013 5:07 pm

I know I thought, I'll tidy up some room on the ipad to make room for more songs. here's what I did:

-turned auto-clean up on
-deleted all snapshots (so auto clean-up would delete any files not in current project)
-used the condense regions function
-quit auria and cleared it from background apps
-restarted auria
-project has all the regions where I left them except there is no audio in them

I have checked the project using ifunbox and it is indeed completely empty of any audio files.

There's some kind of logic error using the combination of deleting snapshots, auto clean-up and condense regions.

I was performing this function prior to making a backup, wish I'd done it the other way round! gone forever it seems..

(latest iOS, ipad 4, latest Auria, 18 tracks of stereo 16-bit files, many muted regions)

Rim
Site Admin

Re: sad face - project empty after using condense regions

Post by Rim » Fri May 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Wow, that's really disturbing. I'll look at the code again to see if I can find the bug. Sorry about that!

Rim

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Fri May 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Sorry u lost ur project - thanks for reporting this, it's a good reminder for all of us to backup our work. All the best <3

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat May 04, 2013 4:12 am

just wondering Rim if you are considering a single 'purge project' button?

The idea would be to make the smallest possible size from the current project ie. purge all not used audio and trim all regions (plus remove all snapshots).

possibly even making it as a copy to the project and so preserving the original should anything go awry.

File size management is particularly important on an ipad as size is limited. so being able to 'trim the fat' off of projects is very useful.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 04, 2013 6:02 am

Condense regions is supposed to do just that, and it performs a cleanup automatically after condensing. There must be a bug in there somewhere which I haven't found yet.

Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Sat May 04, 2013 9:15 am

I'd love to see a condense project option as well, something that would delete your auto snapshots automatically, delete audio from regions not visible in the edit screen, and not require loading a blank project, then your working project to delete unused audio.

After working on a song for awhile, It would be nice to have a simple way to do all these before I back up to Dropbox.