Mixdown problem

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Mixdown problem

Post by supanorton » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 pm

I've been doing a lot of learning on my current project, mixing, freezing, unfreezing, changing reverbs, echo, pro Q, pro c, channel strip master, and the same on individual tracks. Basically, trying to learn to mix on the fly.

From time to time, over the past week or two, when mixing down a .wav to a new track, instead of a full mix, I get a mixdown of one of my backing vocal tracks. It was every once in a while.

Today, I can't get a mixdown of my current project in any format. Sometimes I get that same backing vocal track, but most times I get an older mix of the song. One current mixdown worked when I exported to Dropbox, but the next one didn't. Any ideas? I haven't seen any other posts about this.

I'm on an iPad 2, latest iOS, latest version of Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Mixdown problem

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:45 am

Are you sure you're looking at the right track when re-importing the mixdown? I can't duplicate this here.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm positive. I can export a .wav mixdown to DropBox, but not every time. This particular project will not import the current mixdown to a new track. It's always the same two mixes: one is a backing vocal track and the other is an older mixdown with different effects on the lead vocal track. It also seems to only happen with this particular project. I've done LOTS of freezing and unfreezing. In my experience with Auria, it seems the longer I spend on tweaking mixes, the weirder they behave. Should I send you the project?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Definitely, the project would help if you don't mind sending it.

Thanks
Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun May 26, 2013 9:54 am

supanorton wrote:I've been doing a lot of learning on my current project, mixing, freezing, unfreezing, changing reverbs, echo, pro Q, pro c, channel strip master, and the same on individual tracks. Basically, trying to learn to mix on the fly.

From time to time, over the past week or two, when mixing down a .wav to a new track, instead of a full mix, I get a mixdown of one of my backing vocal tracks. It was every once in a while.

Today, I can't get a mixdown of my current project in any format. Sometimes I get that same backing vocal track, but most times I get an older mix of the song. One current mixdown worked when I exported to Dropbox, but the next one didn't. Any ideas? I haven't seen any other posts about this.

I'm on an iPad 2, latest iOS, latest version of Auria.
I'm getting this same behavior on another song now. Unable to get a current .wav mixdown imported as a new track. I'm getting an old mixdown complete with tracks that I have deleted from the project. I don't have access to computer to send the project. The only thing I can put my finger on is that I was working out harmony vocals on both projects, recording many many takes to find something I liked. A real plethora of recording, undoing, deleting, over and over on both projects that exhibit this odd mixdown behavior.

iPad 2, latest iOS, latest Auria, CCK, Focusrite 2i2

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Interesting. If you are able to send me a project that demonstrates this every time it would really help at some point.

Thanks,
Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon May 27, 2013 5:59 am

Changing the file name to something other than "Mixdown" may have fixed it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon May 27, 2013 6:41 am

Ah, OK. This is a known bug on my list already. Thanks for letting me know.

Rim