Recording defaults to mono (left channel) on previous track

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Recording defaults to mono (left channel) on previous track

Post by GreyMediumMild » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Hey there. Another bug report related to recording - don't know if this has been addressed in 1.08 but its been present since 1.06.

I record tracks into auria using the line 6 mobile in (stereo in) and audiobus. Usually I create a sole track that I use to record, and then move the created regions to their respective tracks. This works great but, for some odd reason, every time I restart auria or switch apps, my designated record track gets buggy. Every time. Doesn't fail. The track seems to revert to mono and only the left channel monitors/records. I did check the input matrix and everything is groovy - it's just simply a track that goes crazy. Usually creating a new stereo track and deleting that buggy track solves the issue.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Recording defaults to mono (left channel) on previous tr

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Yes, this is a bug that appeared in 1.07 and has been fixed for 1.08. Recording stereo tracks results in the track only recording the left side.

To solve it in the mean time, just check the "Record Effects" checkbox in the menu that comes up when you hold down on the record enable button.

Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Post by GreyMediumMild » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks for the quick response! Yeah, that bug I know is fixed for 1.08. i think, though, this one's slightly different in that it was happening in 1.06 as well. It happens on tracks that had record enabled (with or without record effects on). It seems to monitor only on my left speaker - whereas the 1.07 bug you could still monitor stereo but only the left channel would record. The workaround for now has been to delete the track and create a new one. With a fresh new track everything is back to normal, and I can monitor in stereo. Some sort of record track decay??

I could wait till 1.08 and see if its fixed, but I still think it might be a different bug... Hmmm....

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:46 am

OK, thanks for clarifying. it does sound similar, but probably not the same bug. Can you tell me step by step how to duplicate this problem (starting from a new project)?

Thanks,
Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Post by GreyMediumMild » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 pm

hey Rim, so I havent had much luck trying to replicate it. It seems to only be on certain projects (new projects seem to be unaffected), but I cant seem to find a correlation between when/how it happens. I did, however, manage to find a quick fix. If i have the track enabled for recording and go into the input matrix, it magically fixes the issue. hmmm.. i'll do some more troubleshooting before i bother you again...