Not really a bug, but be aware....

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Pointyhat
Expert

Not really a bug, but be aware....

Post by Pointyhat » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 am

Hi all,
Found some slightly unexpected behaviour using AuriA last night. I have a project recorded at 44.1k sampling rate with a 4 tracks and some insert effects, on an iPad 3 it plays back fine with a 45% CPU load indicated. I was trying to re sample the master track into a Korg Kronos via USB 2 connector and on playing back the track with the Kronos connected Auria stopped playback every 15 secs or so, complaining about cpu overload - CPU load still showing no more than 45%. The 15 secs before Auria halts are recorded fine on the kronos. I assume this is due to the project being recorded at 44.1k and the Kronos sampling at 48k, but given that the kronos recorded what was output by auria without problem and that auria could playback the whole project fine when not connected to the kronos, is there a way of stopping this additional CPU load on auria when connected to a device using a different sampling rate than the Auria project?

All the best
Gavin

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Not really a bug, but be aware....

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 am

It's hard to say exactly what was happening, but if the Kronos is set to 48K, I suggest creating a 48K project in Auria before doing any recording from a 48K USB device. However, many USB devices will act as a slave and reset their sample rate to 44.1 if they detect that you've connected it to a 44.1K host. But it's hard to say if that was happening.

The CPU meter will only show the average CPU over a short amount of time. What you really want to do is look at CPU MAX (you can get to this mode by clicking on the meter). This will show you a more accurate maximum CPU. If this ever gets over 100%, you get a CPU overload, and I'll bet this is what was happening. You reset the Max by clicking through the CPU meter options and setting it to Max mode again.

Rim