auria + audiobus crashes

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

auria + audiobus crashes

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 am

I've found that after recording an app, say DM1, you press the 'return back to Auria button' from the little audiobus tab on the side and the Auria logo comes up then it hangs. This is especially true for long takes (over a minute).

I have a work around for this and it involves pausing before pressing the 'return back to auria button'. If I press it immediately quite often it crashes, if I wait 10 seconds before pressing it more often than not everything is ok.

Thought you should know as it is quite a show stopper just after you do the 'perfect take'.

p.s. someone mentioned it in the app review on itunes which reminded me to post here.
p.p.s Of course it could be an issue with Audiobus and not Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: auria + audiobus crashes

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:43 am

I've been trying to nail this one for a while, and you just gave me the crucial piece of information. This only happens on longer recordings. I just tried it, was able to reproduce the crash and fixed it in 5 minutes. It'll go into 1.08.

Thanks!
Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:00 am

"the force is strong with this one"

Nice one Rim :)

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri May 17, 2013 7:06 am

update:

well done for fixing this audiobus issue, it was a biggie.

But, did you know that this crash also happens if you press the 'return play head back to start of song' button in audiobus after making a recording?

Probably the same bug so an easy fix I'd of thought.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri May 17, 2013 8:06 am

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Rim

juanconcho
Expert

Post by juanconcho » Sat May 18, 2013 2:23 pm

I noticed when recording with audiobus (and Dm1) that if I switch between apps while recording it throws the timing off. The recording sounds good until the point where I switched to dm1 to check something, then it's out of sync. I had different parts recorded from dm1 (kicks, snares etc.) and they start in sync but go out of whack where I did the switching.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Unfortunately, this is not fixable. It's due to the fact that apps like Auria, and some synth apps, for example, use a lot of resources, so switching between them can cause timing and /or clicking issues when recording.

Rim