Unused time stretched files?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Unused time stretched files?

Post by ChrisG » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:54 am

So I'm playing around with the new time stretch (which sounds and works absolutely great btw). When time stretching a region Auria creates a new time stretched audio file with "TS" added to the new audio file name right. Now, if I delete the time stretched file regions from the project, load up another project and back again, loading up the one with the unused TS files, Auria doesn't clean those unused TS files away (I have auto clean on in settings). And it won't let me delete the TS files, saying they are being used by the project.

So what I have to do is load up another project or start a new, chose "import audio", browse to the project folder and delete the unused TS files that way. I dunno if this is a bug or if Auria is supposed to keep unused audio files in certain cases. Either way, is the above the "right" way to clean up audio files if Auria does not do it for you with the auto clean on?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Unused time stretched files?

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:58 am

Looks like a cleanup issue. I'll look into it. In the mean time, your method for deleting them is fine. You can also use a program on the Mac/PC like iFunBox to delete them.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 am

Ok, thanks Rim.

I should mention that I had the same thing (in 1.06) on unused audio. While a project that I had manually cleaned loads up fine it sometimes caused an issue while uploading the project to dropbox, where Auria tried to upload the audio files that were removed from the project (it would give an error msg and stop uploading). But I did´nt get that in 1.07 so might be something that´s fixed already (or just some random thing with the projects overview/data files).

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

Hi Rim,

I had similar result after condense on a 96K project with two stereo tracks.
I splitted a wav into three parts, deleted the middle one and performed condense.
I got two new files with 1 & 2 added to the original name.

I enabled the auto cleanup and tried the following:
1. Reloading the project.
2. Switched to another project and back.
3. Closed Auria from taskbar and reopened it.
The original file is still there.

Thanks,
Shay

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:52 am

Now thinking about it...
You added auto snapshots, so maybe it still exists in the auto-snapshots and that's why Auria doesn't delete it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks guys, I fixed this for 1.08. But yes, if a region is used in any of the snapshots, it won't get cleaned up with auto cleanup.

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:08 am

The condense-selected-regions is a vital solution for us with 16GB IPads.
I work today with projects at 96K (each sound file triple its size after condesing) and condensing always drives to out of disk-space situations.
Now I will be able to do it one by one and delete the source wav after each condense operation.

Rim,
Will it be possible to delete the unused condense source wav from within the project?
Today there is some kind of protection.
It would be nice to have in a future version an option to delete the source file after the condense operation.
We are dealing with conserving space after all :D

Thank you very much.

Shay.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:26 am

There was an issue with the cleanup which wasn't deleting all the unused files. I've fixed that in 1.08, so auto cleanup should remove these files for you when used.

Rim