Auria recording issue. Frustration!

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Auria recording issue. Frustration!

Post by GreyMediumMild » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:39 am

So I'm in the process of recording a few guitar parts, and all is groovy until I decide to record my tune. For some reason, whenever I start the recording, it plays back the other tracks just fine until about 3-4 seconds in, where it skips and stutters but then continues playing just fine. It's impossible to record this way - I'm trying to nail the timing and general feel, and as soon as that stutter happens I have to play 'catch up' to the tempo. It's so frustrating! Doesn't matter if I'm recording through audiobus or through the camera connection kit it always stutters. This has happened on all my recordings, so I have to go back in and retime my region so it lines back up with the other tracks. Is this the norm? I'm on an iPad 4 32gb and all my effects are off while recording. I have no more than 10 tracks in my sessions. Help? -- I'm off to punch pillows and break pencils.

mtingle
Expert

Re: Auria recording issue. Frustration!

Post by mtingle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 am

Have you tried adjusting the record latency in the settings page?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:40 am

No, that's absolutely not normal, and I've never heard of this happening. Please explain your setup. Are you using an external audio interface? What's the sample rate? Does this only happen with that interface? Are you using the metronome? Count-in?

Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Post by GreyMediumMild » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:57 pm

whew! ok, good to know its not a common thing. So whenever I record with an external interface its usually the line6 mobile in (stereo in). If on audiobus, its usually animoog or sunrizer plugged into a completely new stereo track. All my projects are at 44100 sample rate and I have no fancy options in my settings. Record monitor on. 64 bit mixer off. Latency 256. Disabled effects while recording. I also have loop and count in (2 bars) under playback. Metronome is off.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Count-in had an issue in 1.06, which would make it go out of time from the metronome. Is this what's happening in your case?

Rim