Loosing overloud presets

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jwell

Loosing overloud presets

Post by jwell » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi I just bought and installed auria and overloud and I don't know exacly what happened but I was playing guitar trough my alesis i/o dock with overloud and suddenly every preset disappeared. I had no more banks in overloud. I reinstalled auria and overloud and everything was working just fine, I recorded a track and when I opened the overloud window to look at the pedals etc the same happened again. I closed auria and opened it again but there is no more presets in the overloud bank. Am I doing something wrong or its a bug? I have a 4th gen iPad with 128 G on iOS 6.1.3 with the full version of auria and overloud.

I'm gonna re-install auria and overloud again but I hope somebody can tell me what is going wrong, I'd like to be able to use it for more than 10 minutes lol sounds are realy good

thanks

pitzipado
Expert

Re: Loosing overloud presets

Post by pitzipado » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Hello same thing happened to me I just opened up overloud one day and
their presets were gone. Since I don't use the in app presets and it does remember
mine it hasn't been a problem for me. It's been reported and discussed a bit if
you tap in "overloud" in the forum search window several posts will show up. I
agree the models sound really cool for my purposes much better than jamup
which by the way doesn't have presets built in.
Overloudly yours
jp

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:43 am

THM doesn't use presets in Auria (the list is always blank). They have their own preset system inside the plugin. Is this what you're referring to that's disappeared? If so, I'll let Overloud know. Perhaps it's a bug.

Rim

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:26 am

Rim- yes the presets I'm referring to are the "banks" and "presets" feature that
came with the plugin which as I recall would come up when overloud was opened.
I don't use it a lot the few presets I created I chose to save in the Auria preset box
next to the bypass button. These still come up fine. I read in their "help" section
that one of the edit choices in the preset panel is "empty" which they warn will
delete all 128 presets. This seemed to happen spontaneously for me. I understand
that uninstalling and reinstalling then restoring purchases will bring them back
but I never bothered doing that. I am curious though when the update becomes
available will that process possibly restore them? In any case I find it absolutely
usable as is though I can understand other users needing presets even if just for
a starting place. Again many thanks for your help- Auria is such a superlative asset!!
jp

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am

OK, I wasn't aware of the "Empty" preset, thanks for letting me know. Performing an update of Auria probably won't restore the presets. In fact, I'm not sure a Restore Purchases would do it either. I think the only solution is to delete Auria, and reinstall it.

Rim