in out marker move without being told!

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

in out marker move without being told!

Post by mtingle » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:15 pm

edit screen 1.06

on occasion without any warning and without touching the top blue bar, the in-out markers will suddenly relocate to where your currently touching the screen (finger is usually touching or moving a region or making a highlighted lasso). It happens quite a lot but I can't discern what triggers it but it does happen on all projects. I usually resort to turning loop off as it really upsets the workflow.

If this happens to anyone else it might be helpful to chime in with any extra details, be nice to squash this bug!

only happens since the last update.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: in out marker move without being told!

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:17 pm

I've never seen this, so yes - please let me know if there's a good way to duplicate this bug. I'll be glad to fix it asap.

Rim

dinomedanhodzic
Expert

Post by dinomedanhodzic » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:44 am

Yes, that happens to me too from time to time. I'm not sure why but I think it's somehow related to when doubletaping and selecting with the selector tool and working really fast. It never happens if I work really slow. Don't know if that makes any sense.
But I haven't been able to duplicate this bug everytime. It feels pretty random.

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:33 am

I get that field also. I don't know whether it is random or not. I thought is was a gesture I made that I didn't know about. Is there a way to turn this funktion off when not needed?
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 am

Turning off the ability to set the markers by double-tapping is not a good idea, as you should have the ability to do that at all times.

It's possible that if you tap twice near the timeline it'll start setting the markers. Keep in mind that the double-tap speed is about a half second, so if you tap once, then tap again within a half second on the timeline, it'll set the markers.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:32 pm

It's definitely being triggered when its not supposed to be ie. no touching of the blue bar at the top has happened.

It recently started relocating the markers shortly after moving and pinching in. I usually have snap turned to beats or off.

Wish I could give more details but it always catches me by surprise

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Ok, thanks.

Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Post by GreyMediumMild » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:08 pm

yes, definitely happens to me a lot. And yes, its when I try to do things a bit too quick for Auria to catch up. I've narrowed it down to it thinking you've double tapped the top playhead scrub bar because you move the playhead and then touch somewhere in the timeline - I'm guessing it registers your second touch as a double tap on the scrub bar. Happens always after I'm scrubbing with the playhead through the song and decide to tap on the timeline to scan through the regions and/or zoom in. Nimble fingers!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:40 am

Yes, that can definitely happen if you have a lighter touch. To avoid this, make sure your fingers touch the screen firmly. Otherwise, you may have more than one tap being registered. Also, the double-tap timer is set to a half second. This is to accommodate different double-tap styles. So if you tap once somewhere, then tap again somewhere else within a half second, it could register as a double tap.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:03 am

Yes I would say this is very likely what is happening. When you move the play head to a new location on the timeline Auria is regarding this as the 1st tap of the double-tap to change in-out markers. then when you next tap in the arrange window it is sensing this as the 2nd tap and so starts to reposition the in-out markers.

This may seem obvious but is it not possible for Auria to make sure that it requires 2 taps in the (blue) timeline area to change marker positions? As things stands I have to consciously stifle the flow of working which can't be right.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:31 am

That's how Auria already works. If you tap once in the timeline, then a second time outside of the timeline, it will not register as a double-tap. You have to tap twice in the timeline area in order to set the locators.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 am

worth having a look at what is happening in 1.06 as it seems the double tap is being triggered when the taps are outside the blue timeline bar.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:05 am

If that's the case, then this was fixed in 1.07 ;)

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:18 am

another reason to look forward to 1.07 :)

A few more days yet I guess till we get hold of it.

Jadewin

Post by Jadewin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:53 pm

If that's the case, then this was fixed :lol: