For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm using auria on my ipad 2 (16gig) with a Focusrite 18i6 interface with the cck and powered hub (belkin). Have been using ProTools and a Mbox for years. I just set this up and am experiencing a problem with playback and recording. after I turn everything on I setup a session and record something it usually plays back fine. When I record a second track or something else on the first track after I have played back the original recording I get a metallic or garbled sound on play back. I have unplugged the 18i6 and the first recorded part will play back fine some times but what ever was recorded after the first initial recording will have that sound recorded in it. thinking it was the 18i6 I unplugged it and did some tests with the ipad mike with similar results as above. Even had this happen on playback of the sample song that came with auria, I simply reloaded auria and the sample song played back fine.
It sounds like you may be experiencing a known problem with the coreAudio system in the iPad when using USB devices. This only happens on iPad2 and iPad3 models and is very rare. A workaround is to play with the USB Soft Start option in Auria's settings. Turning this on and setting your record latency to 4096 should help if you're experiencing this problem.
This does seem to be the problem. I did have the Soft Start already on. The latency was set lower, I increased it to 4096 and it prolonged the problem. I was able to record several short test tracks but regardless after a period of time the (metallic sound) would take over the session and you can go no further with out closing out of Auria and starting it back up. Any other suggestions that you know of that might work? Any setting on the ipad itself I could adjust?
If you do have this problem, it's extremely rare, and you shouldn't easily be able to duplicate it again with a new project. Create a new project with only one or two tracks. Don't add any effects, reboot your iPad and try it again. If it comes back with this simple two track project, this is most likely not the issue you're having. I would look at the hub, USB cable, or defective USB audio interface as a potential issue at that point. If it only happens on a certain large project, I would suspect the problem I'm referring to. In that case, there's nothing that can be done. Apple knows about the problem, but they've only fixed it in the iPad 4.
Update: Uploaded the latest firmware from the beta/focusrite web page to the 18i6. Has solved the problem and can now hook up the 18i6 to the ipad with out a powered hub
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests