Auria Project loading

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

beetlebomb

Auria Project loading

Post by beetlebomb » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:55 pm

I near embarassed to ask this question but 2 hours or trying to solve it on my own makes it necessary. I've done something to cause the projects in the projects window to not respond when selected for upload. There was no crash. I was uploading with no problem when suddenly I could not. Everything seems to be working fine except the described problem. :roll:

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Project loading

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 am

Can you describe what you mean by "uploading"?

Thanks,
Rim

beetlebomb

Post by beetlebomb » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Sure. First let me say that I tried various things such as turning the program off and on and doing the same to the iPad. Nothing worked. I gave up and left for a couple of hours. When I returned and opened the program, everything worked fine. So I suppose it was just one of those magical electric things. As for uploading... I more accurately should have said loading. Let's say you had 5 songs recorded in part or completed. You hit MENU and select Load Project. The recorded history appears and you click one and it loads... or as in my case, doesn't. When I would select one, nothing at all happened. No matter what I tried I got no reaction. I gave up. Returning a couple of hours later, all was well. It wasn't just turning off the computer and then back on again as I tried that tactic earlier to no avail. So who knows???? BTW, thanks for responding.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 pm

OK, so you're saying that you tried to simply load a project using the menu, and it didn't work? I have no idea why that would happen...

Rim

beetlebomb

Post by beetlebomb » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks, Rim. On this specific issue, my base of knowledge is equal to yours.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Rim,

A project just stopped loading after closing Auria.
I managed to fix it by replacing (on my PC) the project file with the last snapshot and uploading it back via ITUNES.

Can you please add to the existing options ("Reload project", "Skip project load") an option to load from a snapshot when a project crashes?
There is no way to access the snapshots unless you already opened the project.

Thank you for the snapshots saving.
It just saved my life by preventing a hurt attack :D when this project didn't load.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:09 pm

About the auto delete function that Auria does at the beginning of a project to the regions it sees as not being used in the project,
Could you change this to an alert that tells me that Auria has found 3 regions currently not being used in the project, Do you wish to delete the, warning this cannot be undone, these regions will be permanently lost. I dont like auto cleanups as that puts Auria in control of my filing system not me. Just give us the option to delete them not Auria. Lost some very important takes because of this function.
Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks for the suggestion about the loading from snapshot. That's a great idea.

As for a warning about deleting regions / auto cleanup, I don't think it's necessary... It would cause that message to appear almost every time you load a project. I suppose I could make it an option in the settings. I can't think of a single case (besides the snapshot issue identified here) where the smart cleanup would cause problems, and delete something you don't want.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Rim wrote:Thanks for the suggestion about the loading from snapshot. That's a great idea.

As for a warning about deleting regions / auto cleanup, I don't think it's necessary... It would cause that message to appear almost every time you load a project. I suppose I could make it an option in the settings. I can't think of a single case (besides the snapshot issue identified here) where the smart cleanup would cause problems, and delete something you don't want.

Rim
It works like this, I load 5 guitar tracks into Auria to audition them in the mix. I decide on one and load it. I continue with my project. Now I exit the project either of my own choice or Aurias whichever comes first and then decide that maybe I actually would like to audition another one of thise guitar takes but poof there gone and I no longer have that option. The idea of putting this as an option in setting would be great for me and I don't actually mind a warning that Auria is about to do something distructive. I have every other recording app and the only one that allows purging of unused or unwanted audio is Meteor Multitrack and it's in a audio pool that allows me to hear it, edit it, rename it, delete it, copy it, move it, pasteboard it and finally I can ask it to delete any audio not being used in the project and it also warns me before I do this very distructive process. Not even my Mac daws destroy my audio on its own. So this is how it affects my music and workflow. If I remember correctly this all started because Auria was using too much drive space and we needed a way to clean-up our unwanted audio that Auria ssomehow was keeping and chewing up flash drive space in leaps and bounds. I still get the message that says CAN't delete the region because it's being used by the project, when I want to delete a region of audio that I no longer am using even though the audio is not being used by the project as it''s clearly not even on screen. However Auria does delete this audio when Auria is re-launched but thats again the other problem as I might have actually wanted that audio in the end and I have to keep this in mind everytime I exit Auria making me have to make decisions as to what to leave out and what to leave in the project. I work on Auria projects ver many months so keeping my filing in order and having control over it very important to me. In the new Cubasis it has a great file system and anything you delete goes to a trash bin where I can bring it back in or permanently delete it from the trash if I want.
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:21 am

Hi Rim,

I also noticed that I cannot delete a snapshot.

I have 16 snapshots of a project and I wanted to remove some old snapshots as I don't need them anymore.

I selected the "Load Snapshot" menu and then pressed the "Edit" button in the snapshots window.
When I pressed the "Delete" button on a snapshot I got an error "..cannot delete a project" and the snapshot window path moved to the root folder, showing all the files and folders as if i opened "Load Project" window.

Thanks,
Shay

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:10 am

OK, yes - that's a bug. I'll get that fixed in the next update. By the way, snapshots take almost no room. You can have thousands of snapshots before you'll notice a big increase in the project size.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:49 am

1.07 has made auto-cleanup an option in the settings, so you can turn it off if you like.

Rim