Auria crashed, now won't open

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

chrizb

Re: Auria crashed, now won't open

Post by chrizb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Many thanks :)

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 am

This is happening to me currently. Last night, I was recording bass and towards the end of the session I got a low memory warning which I've never received before on any project. No effects on any track, no volume automation, no built in compression, eq, etc...nothing at all, just regular recording which I've been doing for months. The other projects seem to open fine but when I went back to this one song, it kept giving me that memory message. So now Auria won't start up at all. I've closed it from the background, restarted the iPad multiple times, no other apps, in airplane mode (I leave it in that mode). It shows the Auria logo in startup and then immediately crashes.

Running iPad 4, 64gb with 31gb avail, iOS 6.1.2 and Auria 1.0.6

I'm copying over my 20gb projects folder via iTunes right now and I guess will reinstall.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 pm

I also suggest loading one of your snapshots (if you've made any). This way, you can see what changes may have caused the issue.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 pm

So I have all my projects in one folder titled "working projects" and it's about 20gb, so when I transfer it via iTunes and then access the 'load project' window, it blinks the "uncompressing files..." message for a fraction of a second and then goes away. No matter what i try, this occurs. I've seen this bug before so the way I get around it is- zip up each song/project on the computer (which takes a while) and then one by one load it into iTunes into Auria (which also takes a while) and then wait for Auria to finally uncompress each project (again, it takes a while). It seems that there's some size limitation with whether or not it can uncompress a folder. All in all, this takes quite a lot of time and babysitting. It'd be great to see it addressed in a future update, thanks.

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 pm

In fact, this is a bigger problem than I originally thought. So, it seems that any project I zip that is over 2.5gb it won't load into Auria at all. Some of my projects are around 4 or 5 each. The ones that are 1 to 2gb are fine, they decompress like they should. But at this point I'm stuck and can't continue working, so I really need a hand here.
I'm running win xp and have tried zipping using the built-in zip function as well as 7-zip. That doesn't change anything. I still can't get Auria to decompress projects of a larger size.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:16 pm

For projects larger than 2.5GB, I recommend using a free program called iFunBox. It'll allow you to copy folders directly into Auria's Documents folder without needing to zip them.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:25 am

Wow, Rim, ifunbox works perfectly! Thanks so much for that. I should've been using it this whole time instead of iTunes. I am now back up and running. Thanks! :D