dropbox upload

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

dropbox upload

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Dropbox upload seems to be not working in 1.05. I'll confirm, right now I'm mixing to wav, and its not uploading afterwards. I will keep an eye on it.

mrufino1
Expert

Re: dropbox upload

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Just checked, a mix I did as mp3 earlier today did upload, maybe its specific to wav?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Interesting. I'll take a look.

Thanks,
Rim

Westmar

Post by Westmar » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Anymore thoughts on this? I've tried to mix down and upload to Dropbox a small mp3 tonight three times to no avail. Each time I get an error message for the upload.

Marklee5

Post by Marklee5 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 am

I am not having much luck with DropBox. I tried to upload an AAF and several mixes to Dropbox tonight without any luck. I get error messages or nothing to indicate there is nothing wrong, but there is no file in Dropbox.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:27 am

Dropbox can be temperamental ;) Have you made sure your internet connection is solid? Is your account near it's limit? What's the message you get?

Rim

Marklee5

Post by Marklee5 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:25 pm

I just tried again. When I reopen Auria there is an error message like "Error - experienced an error uploading to Dropbox." Dropbox is basically empty, lots of space and memory on my iPad.

Rabid Roy

Post by Rabid Roy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Was having "Error uploading to Dropbox" issue after mixdown even after delete and fresh install of Auria and Dropbox.

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME:

1) After "Creating Mixdown" completes the screen will dim immediately.
2) Simply tap the screen anywhere to keep the app active before the device locks.
3) There will be no "Uploading to Dropbox" window or confirmation that it was a success but, if you check your Dropbox account via another app or PC, you will find the mixdown.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Yes, I have confirmed this to be true. Auria does continue to upload the file to dropbox, but there's no indication that it's doing it. If you let it just sit there for a few minutes (as long as you think it should take), it will work. Just make sure to turn off auto lock so your iPad doesn't go to sleep. This bug has been fixed in 1.06

Rim

Westmar

Post by Westmar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:40 pm

That makes sense and I was wondering if it had something to do with that. I will give it a try, thank you!

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 pm

I am having a problem saving a project to Dropbox. It freezes then crashes everytime. Never had problem before. Is there something in the latest update causing this?

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi BlackBox,

It's probably a corrupt project file. I had the same problem with a few projects - the only solution for me was to create them again from scratch (ie, create a new project, copy & sequence the audio, etc, then upload again)

All the best <3

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:30 am

1.05 doesn't have any trouble uploading projects to dropbox, only mixes through the mixdown feature. If you're experiencing crashes while trying to upload a project to dropbox, it'l likely that your iPad ran out of memory and iOS closed Auria. Just make sure all your background apps are closed, and if your memory meter is low before you do the upload, close Auria as well (press the home button once, then doubletap the home button and close Auria in the list).

Rim

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:39 pm

I always have BG apps closed and Auria is the only one open when I do it. Even though its a 16 GB I have half my memory because its only devoted to music really and the meters on Auria are all reading fine. It's not that big of a project right now. It's only a couple hundred MB. The corrupt file makes sense though because for some reason my kick drum turned into a stereo track somehow and it wasn't imported as that in the first place. This just happened out of nowhere while I was placing plug ins on them so I thought I accidental set one on it in stereo but that was not the case either. Is this problem because of Dropbox's recent updates? I have had way less memory and no problems before. Thanks for the responses