Set Record Level WHILE recording

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

garyshell
Expert

Set Record Level WHILE recording

Post by garyshell » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:06 pm

I was making a recording last night with a pair of microphones. While the recording was in progress, I brought up the "set recording level" popup to tweak one of the channels. I was able to adjust the level, but I could not close the popup. I could go to a different channel and select the "set recording level" and the popup would change to the new channel, but again I could not hit the X to close the popup.

Anyone else seen this? How should I go about closing the popup?

Gary

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Set Record Level WHILE recording

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm

You're right, that's a graphical bug. I'll add it to the list. After you stop recording, you can close the control.

RIm

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Yes, after I stopped recording I could close the popup. Thanks for verifying the behavior. I was afraid I was missing something.

One more point, while making adjustments to the level it was all too easy to inadvertently max out the level by a click. Not sure exactly what or how I clicked but it happened a couple of times. I have the rotary controls set to use the "slide up/slide down" adjustment method rather than the circular motion method, if that makes a difference.

Gary

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:29 am

If you double tap on the knob (or any control in Auria for that matter), it resets that control to 0dB. That might be what happened. Make sure you put enough pressure from your finger on the screen so it's not thinking you're doubletapping.

Rim

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 am

Actually what happened was it jumped to the max level. This happened two different times. I'll play with it a bit and see if I can reproduce it.

Thanks,
Gary