Lost Convolution reverb

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Lost Convolution reverb

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:27 pm

I decided to purchase the remaining MoreVox IR files and upon doing so I lost ALL the convolution reverbs. Nothing's there. I also lost my JamUp. Went and restored my purchases and got JamUp but missing add on purchases as well still no convolution reverb. So I deleted Auria and redownloaded it from the App Store to my iPad and then asked to restore my purchases and still no reverb or JamUp.nI shouldn't have done anything cause I'm in the middle of an overdue project. Now I'm missing what I use the most often. Not good.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Lost Convolution reverb

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:I decided to purchase the remaining MoreVox IR files and upon doing so I lost ALL the convolution reverbs. Nothing's there. I also lost my JamUp. Went and restored my purchases and got JamUp but missing add on purchases as well still no convolution reverb. So I deleted Auria and redownloaded it from the App Store to my iPad and then asked to restore my purchases and still no reverb or JamUp.nI shouldn't have done anything cause I'm in the middle of an overdue project. Now I'm missing what I use the most often. Not good.
I'm now downloading them one at a time and they seem to be downloading. I'll be right back with the results.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Anthony Alves wrote:I decided to purchase the remaining MoreVox IR files and upon doing so I lost ALL the convolution reverbs. Nothing's there. I also lost my JamUp. Went and restored my purchases and got JamUp but missing add on purchases as well still no convolution reverb. So I deleted Auria and redownloaded it from the App Store to my iPad and then asked to restore my purchases and still no reverb or JamUp.nI shouldn't have done anything cause I'm in the middle of an overdue project. Now I'm missing what I use the most often. Not good.
I'm now downloading them one at a time and they seem to be downloading. I'll be right back with the results.
Ok I'm back an although the JamUp was able to download the IR Convolution reverbs are not showing up in the plug in.
Any help Rim?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:54 pm

This is an issue that I've fixed in the upcoming update. What happens is this: When Auria is installed, it creates a folder called IR Files and copies the stock IR library to this folder. Apple doesn't allow any files or folders to be created by an app without excluding them from the iCloud backup, so we are forced to do this. As a result, when you delete Auria, then try to restore from a backup, the IR files do not get put back.

To fix this, the only solution is to delete Auria completely from your iPad, then purchase it again from the app store (you won't get charged again). If you see the tutorial at the start when you launch Auria, it means the IR files are being created again.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Rim wrote:This is an issue that I've fixed in the upcoming update. What happens is this: When Auria is installed, it creates a folder called IR Files and copies the stock IR library to this folder. Apple doesn't allow any files or folders to be created by an app without excluding them from the iCloud backup, so we are forced to do this. As a result, when you delete Auria, then try to restore from a backup, the IR files do not get put back.

To fix this, the only solution is to delete Auria completely from your iPad, then purchase it again from the app store (you won't get charged again). If you see the tutorial at the start when you launch Auria, it means the IR files are being created again.

Rim
Yes I did that and the Convolution reverb was there along with the approach. I then went in and re-purchased everything back again except when I downloaded the MoReVox IR Library I lost it all again. I have done this 3 times and it seems that some of the IR files from MoRevox may be corrupted. It may have been the MSP and HIT that did it. I also noticed that the new IR files were replacing the other ones as if the library wouldn't be added to. Weird and first time for me. So now I have to redo this entire process to get back to work. Could you check into this please.?
Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:25 pm

OK, I'll look into this. It seems there might be a corrupted file in there somewhere. Most likely it's HIT, as this is the newest library, and we haven't had this reported before with the other libraries.

What did you mean by this:

"I also noticed that the new IR files were replacing the other ones as if the library wouldn't be added to"

Thanks,
Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Rim wrote:OK, I'll look into this. It seems there might be a corrupted file in there somewhere. Most likely it's HIT, as this is the newest library, and we haven't had this reported before with the other libraries.

What did you mean by this:

"I also noticed that the new IR files were replacing the other ones as if the library wouldn't be added to"

Thanks,
Rim
Yes I noticed that as I was loading more MoRevox IR files the ones that I had already installed got removed starting with the ones that come with Auria then even the ones from MoRevox. I was able to duplicate the problem 4 times and it cont inues to corrupt my convolution reverb plugin. Nothing there just a blank where you would normally see your available presets. Just for now I'm going to once again purchase Auria and avoid the MoRevox library for now until the update. Shame cause my project right niw has tons of MoRevox IR being used and they are part of a reMix master I'm working on. Wishing for 1.05 to arrive and maybe this will go away.
Thanks for all your help.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:36 am

OK, guys, I have fixed this problem. It has to do with the number of IR files, not any particular library. I have spent the time and added folder support to the convolution reverb now. This will appear in 1.06, as 1.05 was already submitted a while ago.

Thanks,
Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:38 am

Rim wrote:OK, guys, I have fixed this problem. It has to do with the number of IR files, not any particular library. I have spent the time and added folder support to the convolution reverb now. This will appear in 1.06, as 1.05 was already submitted a while ago.

Thanks,
Rim
Thanks Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:11 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Rim wrote:OK, guys, I have fixed this problem. It has to do with the number of IR files, not any particular library. I have spent the time and added folder support to the convolution reverb now. This will appear in 1.06, as 1.05 was already submitted a while ago.

Thanks,
Rim
Thanks Rim
Any idea how many IR Libraries I can have loaded before the problem. 1 or 2 or 3 ? I would like to at least have a couple of my favourites to use. Thanks.
~~_/)~~~

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:58 am

The current limit is 1000 files.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Rim wrote:The current limit is 1000 files.

Rim
Ok thanks I will stop at 900.

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:12 pm

The best way I found is to repurchase manually the plug. Don't restore purchase but perchance it as if it was the first time...then all the library appears again...
Apparently and as Rim told me the problem will be solved in the next Auria update regarding the restore purchase icon.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:42 pm

First time i try to import IR files but it seems i have to convert them from wav to .irf?Is that right?How can i do this?

I tried to throw the wave files (16 or 24 Bit and 44.1 or 48)into the IR folder but they just don`t show up.

edit:okay,the waves show up in the main folder but they disappear when i create own folder and put them into Aurias IR folder.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX