Multiple takes

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Re: Multiple takes

Post by mtingle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:39 am

Rim wrote:The graphics is always the most difficult thing about adding a feature, and comping would require quite a bit of GUI work. It's on my list for sure.

Rim
A low GUI implementation of multiple takes was introduced by a daw called Tracktion, I think there is a free demo to try. What it does is put a small '+' sign in the corner of any region that has been recorded when in loop mode. When you press the '+' it opens a drop down menu which shows a list of all the takes. This method doesn't require any fancy expanding folders, just a menu and then redraw the region's audio.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:28 am

Thanks, I may look into doing something loosely based on that concept.

Rim

Arhythminhim
Expert

Post by Arhythminhim » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Is there an update, or has this now been implemented? I loved this feature on my Boss Micro BR, but Auria is so much better than that Micro BR.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 am

Not yet. The releases now are mostly bug-fix releases. Large features like this will happen, but only after a few more bug-fix releases.

Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:25 am

multiple takes it will be a great feature if associated to comping :)
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 pm

mtingle wrote:
Rim wrote:The graphics is always the most difficult thing about adding a feature, and comping would require quite a bit of GUI work. It's on my list for sure.

Rim
A low GUI implementation of multiple takes was introduced by a daw called Tracktion, I think there is a free demo to try. What it does is put a small '+' sign in the corner of any region that has been recorded when in loop mode. When you press the '+' it opens a drop down menu which shows a list of all the takes. This method doesn't require any fancy expanding folders, just a menu and then redraw the region's audio.

Now that sounds like a great way of doing things, that would be great if something like this can be added :mrgreen:

BenR

Post by BenR » Tue May 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Has there been any advancement on multiple takes? I see you can record multiple takes in one track... and you can tap and hold a take to bring it to the front - but I can only do that if it's visible. Is it possible to "send to back"? Or better yet can you toggle through takes? Can you "split all takes in current track"? P.S. I love Auria.