Crashing issue, nothing seems to be helping

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Crashing issue, nothing seems to be helping

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:34 pm

I was trying to purchase the oldtimer plugin this afternoon because I received an itunes gift card. I guess being Christmas the app store is somewhat busy, so it was taking a while and kept saying that it couldn't connect. When I'd hit retry, it would ask for my password again, but still not connect after a few minutes. But, then auria kept starting, crashing, laving only the red bar across the top of the screen on the ipad stating that it was recording (project didn't load yet). I backed up all of my projects and ir files, rebooted the ipad a few times, no different. Then I deleted auria and downloaded from the app store again, then it was crashing without even getting to any screen. Once, it started and asked for my password, but then still crashed. I just deleted again, rebooted again, downloaded again, same deal (didn't ask for a password though). Any ideas as to what to try? I can't get it to do anything. No other apps are open, nothing is different. Maybe back up the ipad and restore it? I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. And I do still want to buy the oldtimer, I demoed it on my macbook for about 5 minutes, that's all the convincing I needed.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Crashing issue, nothing seems to be helping

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:46 pm

mrufino1 wrote:I was trying to purchase the oldtimer plugin this afternoon because I received an itunes gift card. I guess being Christmas the app store is somewhat busy, so it was taking a while and kept saying that it couldn't connect. When I'd hit retry, it would ask for my password again, but still not connect after a few minutes. But, then auria kept starting, crashing, laving only the red bar across the top of the screen on the ipad stating that it was recording (project didn't load yet). I backed up all of my projects and ir files, rebooted the ipad a few times, no different. Then I deleted auria and downloaded from the app store again, then it was crashing without even getting to any screen. Once, it started and asked for my password, but then still crashed. I just deleted again, rebooted again, downloaded again, same deal (didn't ask for a password though). Any ideas as to what to try? I can't get it to do anything. No other apps are open, nothing is different. Maybe back up the ipad and restore it? I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. And I do still want to buy the oldtimer, I demoed it on my macbook for about 5 minutes, that's all the convincing I needed.
This procedure was from Rim to another user maybe it might help.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~

Anton,

It's very important that you follow these instructions exactly like I have them. For sure this will work:

1. Close Auria
2. Double-tap on your home button, and close Auria in the list that appears below.
3. Delete Auria: press and hold on the Auria icon until you see the X. Press the X.
4. Double-check that Auria is not on your iPad anymore.
5. Go to the app store on your iPad. Do not visit the app store in iTunes. You must do this only on the iPad.
6. Buy Auria. You will get a message that the purchase will be free.

When Auria is finished downloading, run it. You will see the tutorial slides for 5 minutes. If you do not see the tutorial, something went wrong, and try the steps above.

It is very important that you do these steps above. If you attempt to restore from a backup (or iCloud), Auria will not install the IR files. Also, Auria must be deleted. If you try to install Auria without deleting it, the tutorial will not run.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Yes, I read that thread and did that multiple times, no luck. I reset then restored my iPad, it's working now. Probably was time to trim down some apps anyway. On the bright side, oldtimer is awesome. Too bad my processor is at its knees all the time! Makes me very intentional with my plugins and choices though.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Is your iPad low on hard drive space? It's about the only thing I can think of. The other thread was unrelated - he wasn't having crashing problems, but issues restoring his IR files.

Just to double check, are you sure you are closing your background apps? It's not the same as rebooting the iPad (after you reboot, your background apps still run). The only way to close your apps is by double tapping on the home button, then holding down the icons that appear one at a time and pressing the X to close them.

I suggest deleting Auria from your iPad (hold down on the Auria icon until you see the X, then click the X). After you do this, make sure you can't see the Auria icon anywhere on your app icons. Now, repurchase it from the app store on your iPad. You will not be charged twice.

You should see the tutorial slides while Auria is installing. This takes about 5 minutes. When it's done, you should see the Approach demo song pre-loaded.

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,
Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Yes, I did all of that, none of it was helping. Everything was fine until I tried to buy oldtimer. I probably should have just waited when I got that first message bout not connecting. My daughter wanted an app on her itouch lady that required ios6, and that download took 45 minutes, I'm assuming App Store was hammered due to the holiday, between gift cards and new io devices that most Lilly went into action today.

Anyway, I completely reset my ipad, updated it to 6.0.1, then installed auria again and it worked. What it feels like happened is that auria kept trying to complete that purchase every time I reinstalled (I got as far as confirming the purchase, it just wouldn't complete it). Completely resetting the ipad may have broken the loop? Anyway, it's good now. I have. 16gb ipad2, so disk space is always at a premium, but I had deleted some things last night to free up space, so I had about 1gb free when this happened. A clean start isn't the worst thing in the world...:-)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 am

Glad to hear you were able to fix it. It sounds like somehow Auria got caught in a loop while trying to resume downloading the purchase.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 am

Yes. However, I'm looking at a screen right now that says "Creating mix down," so what do I have to complain about? I'm getting work done! My first release mixed on auria was released Thursday, check that thread, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Your program made it possible.