Metronome

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MMarkov

Metronome

Post by MMarkov » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi,

I tried searching for a similar thread but didn't find one. I did my first recording today with Auria and just love the product. In practicing with it I used the metronome but found it bled through to the other recorded tracks. Is this a known issue or is there someway I can avoid this happening. The track was a throw away so it's not a major issue yet.

thanks again for a great product, I hadn't done any home recording for 25 years and that was on an old Fostex 4 track. 48 tracks at home was unheard of :>)

supanorton
Expert

Re: Metronome

Post by supanorton » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Are you using an iRig or another interface that connects through the headphone jack? Lots of bleed/crosstalk with those.

A buddy of mine had a Fostex 4 track. I had a Tascam. The future is here!

MMarkov

Post by MMarkov » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Thank you for the reply, I use an ampkit (Peavy). Thank you for solving that one quickly for me

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Hmm... I used to have an AmpKit LiNK, and it did a pretty good job of reducing the crosstalk. Maybe it needs batteries?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:01 am

The general rule is: if it's an interface which plugs into the iPad's headphone jack, it will be terrible at crosstalk. There's no good way around this. It stems from the fact that the headphone jack is simply not designed for this purpose (it carries voltage and has a high gain mic stage). Interfaces which plug into the 30-pin or lightning connector are best.

Rim