Auria track export question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

SFAudio

Auria track export question

Post by SFAudio » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Can Auria export a single track as a WAV file?

I know Auria supports AAF Export, but since my main DAW is Studio One, it doesn't support AAF import. Therefore I'd be limited to importing tracks manually as WAV files. Again, is this possible with Auria?

Thanks for any help on this matter.

SFAudio

mtingle
Expert

Re: Auria track export question

Post by mtingle » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 pm

As far as I know you'd have to export each track one at a time.

Ideally there could be an export song as stem files where each track is exported as a wav file either pre or post fx. Perhaps worth submitting this as a feature request in the sticky at the top of the forum.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 pm

I also use Studio One and have made this feature request. At the moment there's no good way to get files out of Auria into S1. You have to solo each track, do a mixdown and export the mix as the track, starting at 00:00. On to the next track etc................

I don't know what, if anything is being done about this. There seems to be a concentration on imports rather than exports, which I think is slightly odd. I imagine (based on no evidence whatsoever) that starting in Auria (quick ideas, remote sessions, rough mixes) and then exporting to PC/Mac DAWs for final mixing, mastering, distribution etc would be more likely. But maybe not. Lots of people seem to be moving all their work into Auria and then that becomes its final resting place.

Dominic

SFAudio

Post by SFAudio » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks for the info!!

Ok, so as long as it's possible to export single tracks/stems in wav format, my problem would be solved. Even if it's slightly inconvenient, I'll still be able to get my recordings into Studio One. I'm almost sold on Auria, since it seems to be the most professional recording solution currently available for the iPad, but the arrival of Cubasis on the iOS platform is tempting too. Mainly because it already has MIDI right out the box. I just don't like Steinberg anymore since they seem to adopt a tight corporate policy on their products.

Ahh sod it, I think Auria will be the better investment on the long run, since MIDI and Audiobus are on the way (I hope).

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Auria will have Audiobus soon and Midi is on the list. The devs at Wavemachine Labs have been good at doing what they say they will. More importantly to me, the bug-fixes come quickly with Auria.
Auria is 24 bit rather than Cubasis 16 bit.
Cubasis has some synth and drum sounds, which means I may buy it anyway. But Auria has better tools (EQs comps etc) and a nicer interface and layout.

I like supporting the originators of good products - I still have Multitrack DAW, and I use it on my iPhone. It's good, easy to use, simple and reliable. But I bought an iPad specifically to run Auria, that's how much I liked the look of it. I haven't been disappointed.

Dominic

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:14 pm

mtingle wrote:As far as I know you'd have to export each track one at a time.

Ideally there could be an export song as stem files where each track is exported as a wav file either pre or post fx. Perhaps worth submitting this as a feature request in the sticky at the top of the forum.
+10 on that!

A little more options for export are needed.

Dcramer
Expert

Post by Dcramer » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:05 pm

I was trying to get Auria to export files to be loaded into Logic using AAF. Rim helped me out by finding a bug in Logic that screws with the selection of clips that it imports from the AAF folder. So it's kind of flaky until Apple fixes it, but I'm not holding my breath. The cool thing is, though, that Auria packs all the files you need into a folder with a little mapping AAF file. So what I'm thinking is you should be able to export your song as an AAF and simply open the folder manually and add all the files, ignoring the AAF file itself. You still need to identify the files and re place them into an arrangement but it should speed up the export process.
Hope this helps!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Good idea. That will certainly work.

Rim

jpmonroyal

Post by jpmonroyal » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 am

Yeah, that's one way with going about it. Although, your tracks will be preFX - pretty much the raw audio files before any tweaking.
Ideally, this would be handled as a mixdown option that allows you to save each individual track postFX and would give a name/number to the track based on its layout/tag in Auria. I record plenty of samples to be used in beatmaker (or any sampler app) and at the moment have to solo each track and export manually. This is 2013, baby! Robot cars should be driving me around!

Do you think this would be a possibility for our next update, almighty Rim?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:20 am

OK, I added stem export to 1.06. It was easy to do ;)

Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks Rim, this is certainly very helpful for me.

Dominic

SFAudio

Post by SFAudio » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:17 am

Awesome! I just bought Auria over Christmas and I'm totally loving it so far (iPad2)!!

Besides the fact that Auria is overall the most professional featured iOS DAW, I had a feeling that Auria's support is also better than Steinberg's (there was a good reason I switched from Cubase to Studio One years ago).

Anyway, the upcoming single track export feature is great news and I'm looking forward!!!

Thanks Auria team, great work!!

jpmonroyal

Post by jpmonroyal » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:04 am

Rim wrote:OK, I added stem export to 1.06. It was easy to do ;)

Rim

Lovely!