GuitarJack and Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

loupmanaut

GuitarJack and Auria

Post by loupmanaut » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 am

Hello,
I'm a newbee here.
I have Auria app since 1 month and it's a great DAW app for my new Ipad. I just bought Sonoma guitarjack yesterday because auria websute said auria and guitarjack is compatible. When I arm a track on auria I have a very low volume at the guitarjack input and I can't change the gain of this input with the set record level. During I use Auria, I can't set the guitarjack level through the guitarjack app. I have tried on a other app like four tracks and it works (I can go to the guitarjack app and guitartone app through the DAW app but not with Auria).
Can you help me ?

thanks

dominicperry
Expert

Re: GuitarJack and Auria

Post by dominicperry » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 am

GuitarJack required the dedicated controls available in FourTrack or StudioTrack to alter gain and choose things like which input you are using, mono, stereo. dual-mono, etc.

The other apps which come free from Sonoma - GuitarTone and TaylorEQ can also be used to alter the settings. I use GuitarTone. It's a bit of a pain having to switch between Auria and GuitarTone, but it works. Make sure to turn the amp and cab emulations off in Guitar Tone. It's best to leave GuitarTone running in the background rather than firing it up everytime you want to make changes, as it defaults back to having the amp and cab ON if you exit it and start it up again.

Sonoma do provide an SDK which can be incorporated into other apps, so Auria could theoretically have the controls built in at some point it the future, but it doesn't have them at the moment.

I have used a GuitarJack 2 for a while now, with both iPhone 4S / MultitrackDAW and iPad4 + Lighning adapter / Auria. Sadly, although it sounds good and has a decent headphone output too, its behaviour is erratic. It tends to disconnect for no reason and make the host app crash. But, if you can get it to work, it does sound good.

Dominic