Slower iPads?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

hselburn
Expert

Slower iPads?

Post by hselburn » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:59 pm

I saw the fix/update post and I wonder which iPads are slower iPads? Is the iPad 3 in that category yet? Hopefully no.

acaonweb
Expert

Re: Slower iPads?

Post by acaonweb » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:51 am

Yes, right, which ipad?
Anyway I think you have to leave to the user's choice to set or not this features in the setting page....
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

hselburn
Expert

Post by hselburn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:54 am

In my case iPad 3

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:16 am

Well, all iPads are slower than the iPad4 :wink:

I think that the iPad 1 struggles to do anything much other than record and play back raw audio tracks. It takes quite a lot of effort to apply FX one at a time and freeze tracks. The iPad 2 is probably heading towards slow but not there yet! The more features that get added to Auria, the more people will use, and the slower it will seem to be.

iPad3 is pretty new and fast. iPad4 is new and zippy. Until the iPad5 comes along, after which it will seem slow.

It's like network bandwidth - if people built websites like they used to in 1995, everything would load in a heartbeat. But developers keep adding stuff. So the internet always seems slow to people who don't have the fastest pipe and the fastest computer.

The feature which Rim has added will allow you to prevent waveforms from displaying at all. It will make it faster for everyone. Whether you feel you want or need the extra speed will be up to you.

Dominic

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:20 am

I was really referring to the iPad 1. iPad 2 and 3 are almost exactly the same in terms of speed. iPad 4 is a major step up.

Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:25 am

Glad to hear ipad 4 is a major leap. Thanks to your advice guys And the problems I was havign with my grandpad (ipad1) I listed it on ebay and will sell tonight at 9:00 :mrgreen: ipad 4 coming my way.

By the way how do I back up everything I have recorded from Auria?

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 am

Guilleonline wrote: By the way how do I back up everything I have recorded from Auria?
If you have lots of upload bandwidth on your internet connection, then an iCloud backup is convenient because it copies everything from pretty much every app to the Cloud, and then when you login with your Apple ID to your new device, it will download the whole lot to your new machine. Clever, convenient but rather slow.
The alternative is to do an iTunes backup of your old device and restore it onto your new device.

Whichever you choose from the above options, you should also connect your iPad to iTunes and copy ALL of the files from the Auria app from your device. Once you've connected your iPad, go to the Apps page of the iPad and the bottom half is 'File Sharing'. Pick Auria from the list and copy and save all the folders to your PC/Mac. (you can shift click and choose the whole list in one go)

Dominic

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Great! Thanks for the help. Don't want to lose a future project.