Freezing issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Schimanski
Expert

Freezing issue

Post by Schimanski » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:32 am

I'm working on a playback for a client with (until now) ten tracks.Two of them are MONO guitar tracks.I apply The micro warmer
MONO plug in on eaxh of these two tracks.Everything is fine - until I freeze these tracks.Suddenly thy turn into STEREO !With
the known effect that panning affects the volume ( from full to zero ,hard left - right ).I am definitely sure that I take the MONO
Plugin not the MONO>STEREO.Just wanted to let you know about this.
Chris

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Freezing issue

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:56 am

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'll look into this.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 am

I tried this, and I wasn't able to duplicate your results. Here's what I did:

1. Create a new project
2. Insert a mono track and add some mono audio
3. Add a mono plugin (in this case MicroWarmer Mono)
4. Freeze the track. Press play to test - sounds normal and the pan operates normally
5. Unfreeze track. Press play to test - sounds normal and the pan operates normally

Can you please try this again, and let me know if I missed any steps?

If this only occurs in your project, and you can duplicate this every time, please send me your project.

Thanks,
Rim

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 am

Hi Rim,
thanks for your reply.Your steps were exactly the same like mine.I tried (with the same wave files -guitars) it in a new project
and had no problems at all,so it's related to this project.I don't wanna bother you with this right now,because with an iPad4 I
can live with it without freezing these two tracks.Maybe I find something that's obviously related to this issue,i'll let you know.
Thank you very much for your fast and friendly help!
Chris

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 am

If you can duplicate the same issue in your own project, I would really appreciate it if you could send it to me at some point. This would help me fix the issue for others.

Thanks,
Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm

I too have had this oroblem but not always. I freeze a track and then the audio comes out of one side only . I then unfreeze the track and re- freeze it and its fine. Wierd.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:25 am

This has been fixed in 1.05. There's still one bug remaining: if you use a mono to stereo or stereo plugin on a track, then freeze it, the track will become a stereo track after you unfreeze. Usually, this is not a problem, but I'll tackle this one in 1.06.

Rim