Simple Q about automation

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

andyxr
Expert

Simple Q about automation

Post by andyxr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:28 am

Hi all!
Does anyone know if it's possible to record automation of knobs in the PSP Channel Strip? For example, I'm trying to automate LF EQ for a portion of my bass track. I've tried it but it does nothing (in mixer view I enabled automation ("W"), brought up the PSP Channel Strip for that track, played the track, moved my knobs, stopped the track).

Maybe this isn't supported yet?

Also, it would be kinda cool if the doc had a section about which knobs in PSP Channel Strip map to which automation setting the waveform view's automation drop down...

Ta ta!
Andy

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Simple Q about automation

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 am

All controls in Auria are automatable, including all the channelstrip and masterstrip controls. Are you certain you pressed the W button on the correct track? I just double checked, and was able to automate every knob in the channelstrip with no problems.

Rim

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 am

Am going to give it another go now and get back to you..
Andy

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 am

Darn it, you're right! I guess that's a good thing! Doh.

Err... do you know of a way to clear all automation from a track, or even for a given automation parameter? Currently I delete each and every control point... which can take some time.

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:29 am

You can draw a highlight around the control points you want to delete, then use Delete Control Points.

Or, in the main menu, you can delete all automation (but that's all of it, not just one track).

You can also delete a track, then add a new one.

Rim

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 am

Thanks Rim for the speedy responses.

A

Artfuljay

Post by Artfuljay » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:33 am

In the wave form window if you select the track then go to the edit menu>delete>delete automation on track that should solve your problem. Oh yes, b
Make sure the parameter you wish to clear automation from is also active ie audio, volume, compressor, eq etc etc. or you may end up clearing all automation on that track.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:05 am

Artfuljay wrote:In the wave form window if you select the track then go to the edit menu>delete>delete automation on track that should solve your problem. Oh yes, b
Make sure the parameter you wish to clear automation from is also active ie audio, volume, compressor, eq etc etc. or you may end up clearing all automation on that track.
Are you sure about that, @Artfuljay ? For me, "edit menu>delete>delete automation on track" deletes all automation, of all parameters, no matter which parameter is currently selected.

Artfuljay

Post by Artfuljay » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:47 am

I've just checked again and you are absolutely right!!! All automation vanishes on the track. Annoying but not as much as all automation on all tracks. I've never really noticed this before as I automate one parameter at a time and delete it if I don't like it. This is good to know in case I delete automation for more than one parameter. Perhaps this could be addressed in next update?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 pm

The "Delete Automation" function is for deleting all automation on a track. If you want to only delete a section of the automation, just use the highlight tool to select the area of automation control points you want to delete, then press delete.

Rim

Artfuljay

Post by Artfuljay » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks for that rim. How exactly do I highlight the parts I want to delete. My highlight button is just greyed out? I'm struggling to make a selection to highlight. I end up changing gain or moving a part around instead

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:59 pm

In your track editor window, expand the track hieght to fill the sceen so your just looking at the single track unless you want to delete control points on multiple tracks in which case you will want to view all the tracks you wish to delete points at one time. Lets sume your dealing with one track, simply double tap on the edit window and hold on the second tap. Now drag your finger across the points you wish to delete. The grey should only cover those point areas. Now under the menu EDIT select DELTE then select CONTROL POINTS. you must be in the right automation to delete those specific points. In other words if its points in the volume you want to change you must select volume under the automation catagory selection box. If your entire track is grey than that track may be frozen in which case you would have to unfreeze the track to edit the automation control points. Cheers and hope this helped. ~~_/)~~~*

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:00 pm

you double tap and then drag an area to create a 'white' highlighted area. you can then press the delete key to remove any automation points covered by the highlighted area.