Automation not working after freezing tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dt_hughes

Automation not working after freezing tracks

Post by Dt_hughes » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi again,

Since the update auria is working much better and hasn't completely crashed since which is a massive improvement. I have managed to complete my first full arrangement with it and was in the process of mixing down and adding automation.

I have run into a major problem however...

Whenever I manually edit automation I draw it in and it works straight away. However after freezing the track, although the automation data is still visible on the track nothing happens to the audio during playback. Even if I unfreeze the track it does the same. This consistently happens in my project and the approach demo and t doesn't seem to matter which track it affects or whether snap function active or the timeline is displaying sample, time or bars etc.

I'm assuming not many people have had this as there are no posts on the forum, but any help would be appreciated as I can't finish my track without exporting it into another daw.

One other suggestion- for an update is there any way you can introduce selecting many audio clips at once rather than using the multi select tools and tapping each part e.g selecting a block within the highlighted loop region. I think this would improve workflow massively, especially for production of house/techno/electronic genres I as do as they rely heavily on repetition.

Thanks guys

Tom

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Automation not working after freezing tracks

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 am

Thanks, this has already been identified and fixed for the next update.

Auria already has functionality similar to what you're suggesting. For example, you can draw a highlight over a whole bunch of regions (for example, across 4 tracks), then when you use functions like copy, it will copy all the regions within that selection.

Rim

Dt_hughes

Post by Dt_hughes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 am

Hi rim

Thanks for the reply, I didn't know about highlighting. Sorry!

Maybe I should have read the manual properly!

I know you are busy but have you any idea when the update may be available please? I'm desperate to get this track finished! :D

Cheers, Tom

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:15 am

I don't really have a good idea yet on the timing of the next update. There are still a few things left to add. I should know more by the end of the week.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Was this in the 1.04 update or is it coming in1.05? Hopefully 1.05, because the automation issue is happening to me. Glad to know I'm not doing something wrong though.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:29 pm

This has been fixed in 1.05, which was sent to Apple for approval a couple of days ago.

Rim

Dt_hughes

Post by Dt_hughes » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:52 am

Thanks rim that's great. Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Tom