Mobile Pre

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Mobile Pre

Post by thebioguy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 am

I tried using Mobile Pre through a powered hub. I can get about 1min 20sec of recording, then it "clicks" out. Nothing short of an iPad reboot will bring the audio back.

Anyone try using Mobile Pre with success?

thebioguy
Expert

Re: Mobile Pre

Post by thebioguy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Never mind. It's not (necessarily) the Mobile Pre. I get the same cut off when I use iRig through the 1/8 phone jack.
Anyone else?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Do you have Auto Punch mode turned on by mistake in Auria?

Also, try this with a new project.

Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:15 am

Latest update...

I have not had too much time to experiment further (hit with the flu). But here's what I have so far...

Mobile Pre is now working (with a powered hub of course). I was able to record without cutting out (acoustic guitar and acoustic piano) on two new tracks. So, I am up to 10 tracks (7 wave file imports, and 3 recorded live).

I promised Chris Miller (correspondence through email -they have been on top of this with me from day one. Thanks) that I would try to reproduce the problem by starting the project from scratch again, and then upload my project to them. I will try this weekend.

So, tentatively add Mobile Pre to the working audio interface list, for now.

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 am

Last one....

I can't recreate the issue. My guess is that I had auto-looping on (or something). My project is up to 24 tracks, with no cut off issues (although I have had the occasional overflow issues which always go away after a reboot).

Mobile Pre update:

Front inputs (both line and mic - individual or simultaneous) work fine, but the rear line inputs do not.

Cheers!