ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sELF
Expert

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by sELF » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:48 am

Finally beginning to explore Auria Pro. Late to the party! One confusion that my internet searching has failed to clear up: When recording my Prophet 08 via my Roland Duo EX, and also using Samplr, into AudioBus, and then via two channels into Auria Pro: I'm able to select/enable the midi channel and record the data. But the (Prophet) audio input and Samplr audio input, being enabled for monitoring purposes, are also recorded. Leaving me with lots of audio files to delete. When, at this stage in my project, I'm only wishing to record my midi track. How can I monitor but not record the audio tracks? And end up with my recorded Prophet 08 midi track...

Post answered elsewhere. Turn on AB Monitoring!

eddie

Post by eddie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Greetings to the members of this forum,
I'm new here and registered only yesterday. My problem is with the kronos and Auria pro. If I connect Kronos to the Ipad, I can record the grand piano, I think from Lyra. What I would like to do is record the sound of the Kronos to Auria. How would the expers go about it. I also have Audiobus and Garage Band, if that would be any help. Thanks so much and a good day to all.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:53 am

Welcome! In order to do that, you need to plug the Kronos' audio output into an audio interface connected to your iPad. Then, in Auria, just create a new stereo audio track and assign those inputs to that track. If you need any help with doing this, just ask.

Rim

eddie

Post by eddie » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:20 pm

Rim wrote:Welcome! In order to do that, you need to plug the Kronos' audio output into an audio interface connected to your iPad. Then, in Auria, just create a new stereo audio track and assign those inputs to that track. If you need any help with doing this, just ask.

Rim
Thank you so much Rim. You got me going in Auria. A good day to you, eddie

daielvis

Post by daielvis » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello,

First of all I am using iPad Pro with Auria Pro.

I recorded a clean guitar part direct into Auria Pro via Apogee Jam 96k.

I now would like to "re-amp" said clean guitar part using AmpliTube for iPad.

Is this even possible?

If so what is the procedure?

I have tried copying the take to a new track and adding AmpliTube for iPad
as a plug-in with no success.

I also tried outputting the signal via a bus with no luck :(

Thanks for looking!

daielvis

Post by daielvis » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Thanks RyanHemeon for this excellent Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYG11HhNJzw

8)

Dave M

Asking the recording experts

Post by Dave M » Mon May 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi Guys,

Software click and audio click will not sync.

This is my first Auria pro project that I have needed to do this but....

I tracked the project over a number of platforms before importing it all in through Dropbox.

I recorded an Auria click at 165bpm on to a Yamaha AW1600 and tracked the main of the song.

However, when I tried to align the audio click to the software click (also set at 165bpm) up to the grid, I had to move the audio click almost half a beat earlier than the grid so that the two clicks would play at the same time....
Not a case of drifting throughout the track but the very first click starting at bar 9.

Is this a latency issue?

If so, how do I align to the grid so that the software click matches the audio click and the song is aligned to the grid for sequence style looping.

Many Thanks
Dave

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:06 am

This is caused by a short delay or as you said latency from the time stamp of the recording of the Yamaha recorder and the distance the audio traveled to get there. Auria could not compensate for the delay because Auria is only aware of what is being recorded onto itself and therefore will apply latency compensation when the recording takes place within Auria. The adjusting of the wave click forward or back just means that this delay took place and it is common to have to realign your track. Now to get everything to align proper in Auria you use the Snap function in the Editor window. This is where you set your grid to and for the easiest set it to Bar. This will snap whatever audio clip you move around or inset at exactly the next bar or to any bar you choose. For more precision you can choose a smaller snap value. Cheers and hope this helps.

SongWriterIOW

Post by SongWriterIOW » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:45 am

I've just started using this and am baffled. I've recorded four midi tracks which played back fine.i then added two audio guitar tracks, which also play back fine, only, now,bI can't hear the four midi tracks! They are still there in the clips pane, but I can't hear them!
Please, if you can help this new owner I'd be genuinely grateful.
Take care all
Chris

SongWriterIOW

Post by SongWriterIOW » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:40 am

I should maybe have said that I'm using an "iRig" Pro as my only interface. Apart from, obviously, the guitars, the only other piece of kit that I used with AURIA PRO on this first "test" was a little Roland PC-200 mkII midi keyboard controller.
Thanks again
Take care all
Chris

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:14 am

Do you have any tracks solo'd (is the Solo indicator, at top centre of screen, flashing)?

SongWriterIOW

Post by SongWriterIOW » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi Washboy and thanks for the reply.
No, I'm afraid nothing's solo'd or muted or anything. I'm afraid that, because of the different methods of working that AURIA PRO has compared to more "traditional" daw's, I'm not going to discover the cause of the problem until someone who's actually experienced the same puzzlement that I'm going through, tells me what it is that Im doing wrong.
Thanks again mate
Take care all
Chris

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Many of the folk here will want to help you, Chris, but in order to have anyone identify the cause of your difficulty I think you'll need to provide more info. There are too many possible causes to suggest them all at random.

You could start with a screenshot of your Mixer view/screen (and perhaps your Edit or, as you call it Clips view too).

Dmjbetz

Post by Dmjbetz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:29 pm

How can I get my recordings on disc or in a format that's easy to share?

Renfield
Expert

Looking for a 70s sound.

Post by Renfield » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi,

I'm listen a lot to 70s artists like David Bowie, Roxy Music and Wings and I'm trying to get a sound that's similar to that on vinyl from that period. Has anyone any advice on how I can get that sound? I'm using Micro Warmer a bit but that doesn't take me all the way.
Last edited by Renfield on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.