ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rfigueir

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by Rfigueir » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:02 pm

could you explain how to bounce tracks 1 thru 4 into tracks 10-11 to me on auria. In exact detail.

Much appreciated.

rick figueiredo

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Sure:

1. Solo tracks 1 thru 4 (press the S buttons below the fader)
2. Rewind to the start of the song
3. Go to Menu, Mixdown, and choose Import As New Track
4. Press OK.

Auria will mix the solo'd tracks into one stereo track and import it into your project. If you want this track to appear at track 10, just go to the editor and drag the audio in the new track into track 10.

Rim

midwinter
Expert

Post by midwinter » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Am I correct that so long as my signal was recorded without clipping, in Auria I can push the individual track faders into the red without them distorting (so long as the master doesn't get too hot)?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Yes, that's right. In Auria's mixing engine, clipping can only happen in the master/subgroup tracks. However, it is still possible to clip within a channelstrips or any plugins, so it's important to watch those.

Rim

midwinter
Expert

Post by midwinter » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks! I just had a pretty hot mix and kept seeing a lot of red in the faders but I wasn't hearing anything clip. This is such an amazing app!

Mac Ari
Expert

Post by Mac Ari » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:51 am

I have recorded a project in Auria. I then transferred the files of the individual tracks over to my computer so that I could send them to someone. Unfortunately, I realized that instead of just importing one file over for the bass track, for example, the single track was broken up into several files, representing each component that made up the final performance (for example, each punch in was it's own separate file).

How do I transfer over the tracks of my project and have just one file for the current, finalized version of the track? Greatly appreciate any help on this.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:50 pm

If the destination DAW supports AAF project transfer format, you could try "Menu -> AAF File -> Export to AAF". Otherwise you could simply mixdown to stems ("Menu -> Mixdown" and select 'Stems' instead of 'WAV' for the 'File Type').

Mac Ari
Expert

Post by Mac Ari » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Washboy wrote:If the destination DAW supports AAF project transfer format, you could try "Menu -> AAF File -> Export to AAF". Otherwise you could simply mixdown to stems ("Menu -> Mixdown" and select 'Stems' instead of 'WAV' for the 'File Type').
Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Mac Ari
Expert

Post by Mac Ari » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Washboy wrote:Otherwise you could simply mixdown to stems ("Menu -> Mixdown" and select 'Stems' instead of 'WAV' for the 'File Type').
This worked; that gave me what I was looking for.

Jgoctave

Post by Jgoctave » Thu May 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello, I was hoping I could get some advice on a mix. Where is the best place to put the ProDS in the chain of the mix. It is going to be used intensely as it is on a rap song. Would it be best used on the track FX slot, a subgroup or the aux FX? Thank you for your time.

Spud
Expert

Post by Spud » Fri May 09, 2014 5:46 am

Jgoctave wrote:Hello, I was hoping I could get some advice on a mix. Where is the best place to put the ProDS in the chain of the mix. It is going to be used intensely as it is on a rap song. Would it be best used on the track FX slot, a subgroup or the aux FX? Thank you for your time.
I'd stick it on the track fx personally.

Jesserevamp

Post by Jesserevamp » Tue May 13, 2014 1:26 am

May be a stupid question. Is there a non-emphasis click track that maintains the same tone click?

Bryski

Post by Bryski » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:34 pm

I was wanting to record our bands live rehearsal with Auria using just my iPad Air
Using the internal mic. No interface so we could hear the good and bad parts on our practice.
I could not seam to get the levels low enough by just lowering the faders and the master mix fader.
Everything was peeking red. And major distortion.
Is there a way to lower the db. For recording the band from the stage?
Thank you in advance
Bryski.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Bryski wrote:I was wanting to record our bands live rehearsal with Auria using just my iPad Air
Using the internal mic. No interface so we could hear the good and bad parts on our practice.
I could not seam to get the levels low enough by just lowering the faders and the master mix fader.
Everything was peeking red. And major distortion.
Is there a way to lower the db. For recording the band from the stage?
Thank you in advance
Bryski.
Hello if you tap and hold record enable button a window will appear
where you can select "set record level" for that track
best
jp

Bryski

Post by Bryski » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Thanks JP
I will give that a try.
I appreciate you for helping me on this