ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by Trash » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi Anthony -

Thank you for the response. It took me a bit of Googling to find out what you meant by ProQ (I'm still relatively new to the world of software-based Multitracking/DAWs) but got there in the end. However £30 for what is essentially an EQ seems a lot.

Is it really worth the money (that is a genuine question)?

staincrazy

Post by staincrazy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:25 am

Hello everyone.

Can anyone recommend most real-sounding drum apps?
thanks in advance!!
Last edited by staincrazy on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

dolan

Problem Recording and Playback of Midi Tracks

Post by dolan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:19 pm

My set-up is:

Streb Midi melodeon.
Presonus itwo interface.
Audiobus and Thumbjam +Auria Pro
Ipad 2017 128gb.
I record a Midi track.
On playback it stops,maybe gets distorted,misses notes out and sometimes just hangs on one note.
Recording and playback in midi with same set up works fine in Garageband.
Audio recording and playback is fine.
Thank you for any help with this problem.

Martin Torres

Post by Martin Torres » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:35 am

I am new to Auria and the digital world. I mix my bands sound and run live sound for other bands and events but everything has been analog Mackie boards. Needed more monitor outs so I bought an X Air X18. So far I love it for mixing the bands FOH and monitors. Taking the next step to record while we practice and gig.

We are using an iPad with the X Air mixer app and my intent is to record each channel dry and a stereo FOH send (with eq and effects) at live gigs and practices with Auria in the background so I can make adjustments on the X Air mixer app. I also want to be able to play back the recorded individual tracks as well as the recorded FOH on the channels they were recorded on.

My current setup is 1-Vocal, 2-Acoustic Guitar, 3-Vocal, 4-Vocal, 5-Mic'ed Electric Guitar, 6-Mic'ed Electric Guitar, 7-Bass Guitar line in, 8-Mic'ed Steel guitar, 9/10 Stereo Drum Mix. Bus 1-Floor Monitor, Bus 2-Floor Monitor, Bus 3/4 stereo drum monitor, Bus-4/5 In Ear monitor. Efx1-Reverb, Efx2-Delay.

In the iPad X Air app I have the USB send/return routing 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, etc.. I assigned the Main L/R to 11/12. In Auria the input is 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc. For the output matrix, there are only 8 subs so I wasn’t sure what to do. I left it default.

I can record the individual channels as well as the main mix (11/12) but when I play back, everything is routed through the Auria main L/R to channels 1 and 2 on the X Air app. My goal would be to switch the channel inputs in X Air from Analog to USB and then be able to play back with individual channel volume whatever I don’t mute. Currently it seems to only return from Auria’s main L/R output to X Air channels 1 and 2.

1. Can Auria be minimized in the background and still record while the X Air app is open? (Currently stops when I switch to X Air).

2. Does my routing to Auria from X Air seem right to you?

3. Can I create a 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3, to 3, etc send from Auria to X Air versus routing everything to the 2 channel main out?

I appreciate any help and suggestions.

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:05 am

Firstly seasons greetings to one and all.

Secondly a simple question for someone with more experience than me:

I have invested in the FabFilter Pro-C2 compressor.

I set it to one of the presets e.g Parallel Compression, Exit the FX window and go back in its fine (i.e. still set to Parallel Compression).
However, if I exit the project, reload the project and then open the FX window I find that the Pro-C2 has lost its preset setting and been rest to Default Setting.

This doesn't seem normal to me so I presume there is something I am doing wrong (or not doing at all).

Can anyone help please?
Many many thanks

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 am

Your not doing anything wrong. This is another thing that should be fixed by the developers. I save the preset for the track on every fab plugin so that I can garantee that my settings are correct from the last time I was in the project. Eg. P15 Trk 1 Voc1. Cheers.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:46 am

Trash wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:05 am
Firstly seasons greetings to one and all.

Secondly a simple question for someone with more experience than me:

I have invested in the FabFilter Pro-C2 compressor.

I set it to one of the presets e.g Parallel Compression, Exit the FX window and go back in its fine (i.e. still set to Parallel Compression).
However, if I exit the project, reload the project and then open the FX window I find that the Pro-C2 has lost its preset setting and been rest to Default Setting.

This doesn't seem normal to me so I presume there is something I am doing wrong (or not doing at all).

Can anyone help please?
Many many thanks
It's just the preset name that is lost - not the actual settings. This is a long-standing bug in Auria.

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:33 pm

richardyot wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:46 am

It's just the preset name that is lost - not the actual settings. This is a long-standing bug in Auria.
Thanks for this. It seems to make sense - a little disconcerting (and annoying) though.

@Antony Alves - thank you for your response also.

Cheers
Joe

David Cellery

Post by David Cellery » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 am

I first installed Auria on my old iPad and I tested the INT MIC, which works just fine. It has the lastest iOS at this date. I recently purchased an iPad Pro, and the INT MIC is showing up, but there it is not picking up any sound. The Privacy Microphone for Auria is set to on. Any Ideas? The microphone works just fine with other apps.

Ian C

Post by Ian C » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:36 am

Hi. I’m new to this
When I select sidechain in both proq2 and proc2. I don’t get both signals comings through
I’m trying to eq and compress kick and bass
Any ideas what I’m doing wrong please :D

jb122453

Post by jb122453 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:40 pm

I just got Auria. I hooked py iPad to my mixer to record but the program said that in need to arm a track to record. How do I arm one or multiple tracks?

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:20 am

jb122453 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:40 pm
I just got Auria. I hooked py iPad to my mixer to record but the program said that in need to arm a track to record. How do I arm one or multiple tracks?
There is a button on each track to enable recording, if you haven’t done so, a look at the manual is well worth your while.

jb122453

Post by jb122453 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:12 am

I have read the instructions but I did not see it. I thank you for your response! FYI, I had just discovered that yesterday. Thanks

Zergei72

Post by Zergei72 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi ...

Is it possible to record to a USB (flash, etc.) - drive @ all ?
I have a powered USB - Hub and I've been trying Auria Pro with a TASCAM US-16x08 and a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK, both of which seem to work very well .

- Z -

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:32 pm

Zergei72 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm
Hi ...

Is it possible to record to a USB (flash, etc.) - drive @ all ?
I have a powered USB - Hub and I've been trying Auria Pro with a TASCAM US-16x08 and a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK, both of which seem to work very well .

- Z -
You can’t record to an external storage device