ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

SongWriterIOW

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by SongWriterIOW » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:45 am

I've just started using this and am baffled. I've recorded four midi tracks which played back fine.i then added two audio guitar tracks, which also play back fine, only, now,bI can't hear the four midi tracks! They are still there in the clips pane, but I can't hear them!
Please, if you can help this new owner I'd be genuinely grateful.
Take care all
Chris

SongWriterIOW

Post by SongWriterIOW » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:40 am

I should maybe have said that I'm using an "iRig" Pro as my only interface. Apart from, obviously, the guitars, the only other piece of kit that I used with AURIA PRO on this first "test" was a little Roland PC-200 mkII midi keyboard controller.
Thanks again
Take care all
Chris

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:14 am

Do you have any tracks solo'd (is the Solo indicator, at top centre of screen, flashing)?

SongWriterIOW

Post by SongWriterIOW » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi Washboy and thanks for the reply.
No, I'm afraid nothing's solo'd or muted or anything. I'm afraid that, because of the different methods of working that AURIA PRO has compared to more "traditional" daw's, I'm not going to discover the cause of the problem until someone who's actually experienced the same puzzlement that I'm going through, tells me what it is that Im doing wrong.
Thanks again mate
Take care all
Chris

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Many of the folk here will want to help you, Chris, but in order to have anyone identify the cause of your difficulty I think you'll need to provide more info. There are too many possible causes to suggest them all at random.

You could start with a screenshot of your Mixer view/screen (and perhaps your Edit or, as you call it Clips view too).

Dmjbetz

Post by Dmjbetz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:29 pm

How can I get my recordings on disc or in a format that's easy to share?

Renfield
Expert

Looking for a 70s sound.

Post by Renfield » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi,

I'm listen a lot to 70s artists like David Bowie, Roxy Music and Wings and I'm trying to get a sound that's similar to that on vinyl from that period. Has anyone any advice on how I can get that sound? I'm using Micro Warmer a bit but that doesn't take me all the way.
Last edited by Renfield on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Julia

Post by Julia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

I am in the process of recording some rehearsal trax for my 6th grade students to use in practicing their choral parts. I would like to record the piano accompaniment for each choral piece. Then I would like to use that accompaniment recording to create a trax with just the alto vocals and another for just soprano vocals. Is it possible to copy the entire piano accompaniment recordings and paste them into a new project folder within Auria?
Thank you.
Julia

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Julia,

Yes, this is possible. What you need to do is record the piano part, then use the Export MIDI File function. This will create a MIDI file in your main Auria folder. Now, whenever you create a new project, you can import this MIDI file into the new project and add other tracks as you see fit.

Rim

Mikearnett2003

Post by Mikearnett2003 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Not sure if anyone else had this issue when they started, but I am a new Auria user and I am trying to set up and record 16 channels. It only lets me do one channel I tried to use instructions with the manual to set up the input matrix and the iPad pro won't allow me to set each channel routing up.... Frustrating

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:57 am

Mikearnett2003 wrote:Not sure if anyone else had this issue when they started, but I am a new Auria user and I am trying to set up and record 16 channels. It only lets me do one channel I tried to use instructions with the manual to set up the input matrix and the iPad pro won't allow me to set each channel routing up.... Frustrating
Which make/model of audio interface are you using, Mike? Info on your iPad, iOS and Auria versions might be helpful too. Have you used this interface successfully with your iPad before?

Mikearnett2003

Post by Mikearnett2003 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:22 am

First time using IPad and Auria but I have used others before. Using Behringer Air X18, and IPad Pro model # ML0N2LL/A
IOS 9.2.1 (13d15). I follow Auria directions on set up and I just does not let me assign channels through the input matrix could not figure out Auria version. If it helps I just downloaded it from the App Store this Saturday

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:05 am

Mikearnett2003 wrote:First time using IPad and Auria but I have used others before. Using Behringer Air X18, and IPad Pro model # ML0N2LL/A
IOS 9.2.1 (13d15). I follow Auria directions on set up and I just does not let me assign channels through the input matrix could not figure out Auria version. If it helps I just downloaded it from the App Store this Saturday
It might be helpful to do a forum search of "Behringer X18" because there has been quite a lot of previous discussion about it. One comment that caught my eye was:
On the XR18 I make sure that each channel is set to "analog in" for the USB routing, so everything that comes in the XLR jack goes out on the USB port.
I don't have an X18 so it means little to me but it seems to suggest some configuration is required on the X18 to make all channels available via USB, and thus to Auria.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:46 am

Mikearnett2003 wrote:First time using IPad and Auria but I have used others before. Using Behringer Air X18, and IPad Pro model # ML0N2LL/A
Hello- I use an Xair 18 and for me it worked perfectly right out of the box- just the apple cck with
the usb cable provided(no hub required) Is your blue usb icon lighting up in the header? Perhaps a screen
shot of your input matrix with Xair connected would show us something? You can go to the Xair control
app > routing and check usb in/ out configuration but the default settings for me were correct. The only
setting I had to change was in set up > audio/midi in > the default sample rate is 48k I switched to
44.1 to avoid clicking and popping on my 44.1 project. I love the little thing the Midas preamps are
very good. I use it only for live show recording so I have not used the usb playback but it appears to
be configured correctly in the Xair control. Best wishes for success soon! jp

local12

Post by local12 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:13 pm

How do I boost the gain on mix down so when I replay from a downloaded DropBox M4A file I get a decent output? When I replay in the car, the tunes are barely louder than the car noise. Thanks.