Let them work and rtfm

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Let them work and rtfm

Post by CEIsar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Some people should really do at least a LITTLE research on their own.Read the (well written)manual and/or use the search function (yes,this board has one as well).Its annoying to see the same questions (and mistakes)over and over again (where is audiobus bus bus...).Rim is doing a GREAT job here but i get the feeling that it wont take long and he's not able to leave the forum just for a piss...time to stop abusing their endless patience so they have more time to improve this great program :wink:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

jukeboxjoe
Expert

Re: Let them work and rtfm

Post by jukeboxjoe » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 am

Every single technical forum I'm on has the same problem. Then you'll see others who post those same repeated questions getting all offended and say things like "Gosh, what kind of place is this that you can't ask a simple question without being told to search it yourself?" Or "I already did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for", or "I did read the manual but I still can't find it", which is sometimes true but most of the time complete B.S.. I like it when you can even see the same question posted further down on the same page! So while I agree with you 1000%, unfortunately, I don't see this EVER changing :roll:

+1 on Rim's awesome responsiveness. I hope the trolls don't drive him away! His presence here is invaluable. Rim, thanks for taking the time not just to develop Auria but to go through all of our endless tirades here (including my own!)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:23 am

Not a problem, guys. Glad to help!

Rim

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 am

indeed great support!

I also have the impression the quality of the forum has decreased a bit, on the other hand I can understand that not everybody has 20+ years of experience in recording and sound engineering. I'm sure there are Auria users in the teen age, and they haven't had a chance to know all this stuff. But it's true, reading the manual is a great advantage. :D That effort should be possible for every one.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I'd rather see a tolerant forum even at the expense of repeating a few threads. People can get converted and then get drawn in to the community. that's the way I see it anyhow.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:20 am

As experienced users we should try to help any Auria user that we can. I've seen many posts that regular Auria users have answered correctly therefore eliminating the need for Rim to have to get involved and so that free's up his time for debugging and Auria improvements. I will start a post that reads ASK THE RECORDING EXPERT. Where questions can be Jed to Auria artists and recording engineers. I personally have 35 yrs experience and I have worked with every Daw platform since 1992 including the first ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Nuendo. I've even recorded using Cubase's first 8 track Daw on the Atari Falcon 030. What I can also say about these early Daws was that they were finicky and tons of crashes if you weren't carefull. It took years for those Daws to become stable as they are today. So I believe Auria will get there too and the learning curve crematory reduced for new Daw users as Auria is much more intuitive and straight forward than other Daws for Mac/PC.

Dcramer
Expert

Post by Dcramer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Yes me too! I also had a very rare copy of Logic Audio for the falcon.
It's amazing to see how much things have progressed and Auria is the apex of this progression as far as iOS multitracking.
Thanks for helping out!

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 pm

@anthony: great idea with the"ask the experts"thread,thanks!should become a sticky one!
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 pm

That's a great idea if you guys are up for it ;) I made it a sticky.

Thanks,
Rim

jukeboxjoe
Expert

Post by jukeboxjoe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:04 am

mtingle wrote:I'd rather see a tolerant forum even at the expense of repeating a few threads. People can get converted and then get drawn in to the community. that's the way I see it anyhow.
mtingle, I was actually referring to intolerance in both directions: those who simply don't care to read the manual or try a search before posting the question, as well as those who respond to such posters in a disrespectful or harassing way. Both are annoying but will be found on every forum, and I would urge folks on both sides to open their minds and hearts: to the posters, take the few seconds it takes to do a search in the forum and in the PDF manual. More often than not you'll get the answer more quickly. But to the responders, I also say: be respectful towards those asking the questions, even if the questions have already been asked. Sometimes a question is not a one-answer "how to", but more of an open "how do you like to do this...", and the manual or the forum may not yet have all the answers.

BTW, I say these things to myself, not just to others, as I am a regular questioner and answerer myself on occasion :wink:

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:08 pm

This is one of the best, most positive forum out there.. Great job everyone.
I agree that noobs should always rtfm or at least google the problem first.
What ends up happening when someone comes in and posts all flustered, like 'such and such feature is broken'
Etc, and then someone searches for that and sees that someone posted a negative on the issue and it scares people off from the product. See what I am saying?
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:34 am

Dcramer wrote:Yes me too! I also had a very rare copy of Logic Audio for the falcon.
It's amazing to see how much things have progressed and Auria is the apex of this progression as far as iOS multitracking.
Thanks for helping out!
I learned alot from that Falcon 030. Those were the days when I would spend all day just getting rid of pops and clicks and zipper noise. Lol