AAF with .aif files hangs import

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

AAF with .aif files hangs import

Post by Navpack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:37 pm

I have a six minute project with 8 source audio tracks as an OMF. All source media from the OMF is .aif. I converted this into two aaf exports using Nuendo; one with the source .aif audio material unchanged and a second with the audio as converted .wav files. The .wav version aaf imports as expected. However the aaf with the .aif audio hangs each time with the progress bar hardly budged. I receive an 'out of memory' error and quit the app.

I am using the latest iPad.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Regards,
Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AAF with .aif files hangs import

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Phil,

Can you please send me one of these aafs? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:05 pm

I will send before the end of the day. Thanks, as always, for the fast responses!

Regards,
Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:45 am

Phil,

I took a look at your two files. The one with aifs actually does load, but it takes a very long time to import. This is because this file contained hundreds of regions. For me, it took about 4 minutes to load. For projects this complex, it's very important to close all your background apps, as they will take a lot of memory. I loaded this on an iPad2, and I didn't have any memory issues with all my background apps closed.

On your wav-based file, I had the same issue you did - with masterstrips in the wrong places. This was due to a bug, which I've fixed now. It'll appear in 1.05.

Thanks,
Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 am

Excellent news, Rim! Thanks so much for all you do.

If I could, would you mind taking a look at the .wav version of that same project. I'd be curious why it loads in under 30 seconds and the .aif takes much longer.

It is great to know that the .aif version will work as the client can now send me AAF directly from their edit timeline, as opposed to OMF.

Best regards,
Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 am

The wav-based aaf you sent only has a handful of regions, so it loads fast. The aif one has hundreds of tiny regions.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 am

Yes, the two were different projects.

The project in question with the many regions i have in both .wav and .aif format. I am wondering if I can send the version in .wav format to see if you observe the faster load with .wav

Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:41 am

Oh, sure. Not a problem.

Thanks,
Rim